Pirates Make History

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jpuV3pJuGXC4pdryBNBGJDB2EGfQD9AJ0LFG0

17 consecutive seasons, 17 without a winner.

Until Monday, no team in the four major North American pro team sports had experienced such a string of misery. It’s happened now to the Pirates, who are fielding what some in the game are calling a Triple-A team that’s trying to compete alongside the Cubs and Cardinals. Until the Pirates tied them last season, the Phillies held the record with 16 consecutive losing seasons from 1933-48.

Congrats??

we have a baseball team?

that is unbelievable though

hey you have two choices. Be the best at winning and be best at losing.

pirates chose the later

lol its funny because i was 10 when they last had a winning season. how sad

in before cutty’s excuses.

:kekegay: :kekegay: :kekegay:

lol i was 6…i dont remember it haha.

its a shame i only go there to eat now…or for firework night.

They make money…its business. but as far as giving the fans their money’s worth…bucs are 36-32 at home.

cubs havent won shit in 100 years…havent been in the series since 1945… 17 consecutive losing seasons dont mean shit.

giving there fans their moneys worth? hahahah

just give it up man, they are a joke.

they will make it 18 next year

Hail to PITT

i dunno, i B&M about them but i still go to games. its a nice ballpark and usually they play a good game. they really are never blown out of any game, but just cant seem to finish other teams off.

im with you on this one also… but i just havent made it to a game in quite some time one last year i think and one the year before. but they just need one big hitter and one big pitcher that can get them over that hump like 1 or two more runs a game.

i know this is last years stats, but the buccos were 3rd in the NL in runs scored, i think averaged 7-8 runs a game. but the also averaged giving up 8-9 runs a game.