Pens @ PNC Park

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_629578.html

Guess they were trying to send them a message?

i wonder how many people in pittsburgh would even know a world series trophy if they seen one… the pirates will hopefully get one down the road sometime soon…

They must be on US Route 20.

That had to be the most exciting Pirates game in years.

that was awsome!@

pirates have 5 titles BTW.

4 games outta first in the middle of june? doesnt seem too bad if you ask me.

Pens/Steelers= play in leagues with salary caps
pirates= no salaray cap. no fan support= no money= no win

shitty management + shitty players = no fan support

Glad to see something interesting on the baseball diamond for once at PNC Park.

shitty management? they still turn a profit with no fan support. but spending 50 million more isnt gonna make them win.

That is obvious. The pirates turn a profit and still be in the MLB.
Merchandise sells. Blame it on snoop dog.

fuckin idiots just dont get it… its MLB not the pirates… what about the other teams that have won shit for a long time or much at all in their history. seattle had big name players, what they fuck did they ever win?

Why did we trade Jason Bay? Xavier Nady? Nate McLouth? Granted these guys aren’t superstars, but they have a name established with the fans… Bay is having a career year and has always been solid, outside of an injury year or so. Anytime someone gets remotely known or starts to make an impact, he is traded. They turn a profit because PNC Park is a nice place to go look at… I’m sure if they were stil playing in TRS, the Pirates would be long gone.

And I’d love to blame it on MLB, but what about the Devil Rays? So you don’t really have a point there.

i’m with you on bay…nady is heading into his mid 30’s and is clearly on the decline at this point. McClouth was a good player but not the great player he was portrayed to be. McCutchen fit more of the mold the pirates need to win…speed and contact. The Pirates are a better team than they were before they traded Nate. Lets face it about Bay…he was never gonna resign with us no matter how much we gave him… Here what is not measurable. Our minor leagues were in such shambles that we had to make to the deals we did, not to save money but to rebuild the whole system. making a run for one year would be so detramental to our farm system that it would set things back years and years. the pirates needed bodies, thats why they recieved multiple players in all their deals. 3 of the players they got for bay are actaully in our starting lineup right now. Incase everyone has a short memory bay was not defensive allstar he is in boston because of the green monster… bay’s arm was compareable to maybe Bonds…very far below average. He no longer has the ground to cover or the long throws to make in boston. Baseball is such are hard sport to understand. it has so many levels and the whole world plays it now. Football is about the complete opposite. football has a natural porgression, high school, college, pros… baseball doesnt… you could go from high school to AA or college to rookie ball…or japan to the big leagues… its a giant crap shoot… even the draft… i think mike piazza was 52nd round pick… yes the baseball draft is that big!

the drays drafted well and built well… it took them years to get to the point… the pirates president and GM have been here a year and a half… its gonna take them years too. mccutchen has gotten here pretty quick for a kid outta high school…thats a great sign.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the history of Baseball and the Pirates, it just seems to me like the management could give two shits about the fans and all the care in the world about the bottom line.

they care about the fans a lot. the pirates are accesible to the community more than anyother team in this city. Pirates charities give double the amount that the steelers and pens do combined. The pirates make their tickets affordable for families…the steelers dont give a fuck and the pens only do it for college kids. its all what you wanna see. putting a winner on the field or not doesnt mean the pirates dont care about their fans.

my steelers and penguins pride has me ready to go spend some money into the Pirates organization. will be PMing Cutty for tickets. :embarassd

deals run out as i am typing. get in b4 tha lock!

The Pirate tickets are priced low because of next to zero demand, not due to any great kindness on the part of the Pirates. Low priced pens or steelers tickets would simply be scalped if not specifically connected to something like a college ID.

low priced pirates tickets are part of the deal the pirates made with the city to get the stadium built. a certain % of the tickets have to be $10 or less for like X# of years. old man rooney held the city hostage then told his season ticket holders “oh yeah…give me a few thousand for a seat license” those cheap assholes coulda built their own stadium. i’ve gave everyone the numbers many times about how a baseball stadium gets used creating more revenue for the city than a football stadium that gets used less than 1/3 of the baseball stadium.

we get it. The pirates as an organization make money. They have a nice stadium that is good for the city.

What you don’t seem to realize is that noone gives a fucks less about a team that is comfortable being losers. They trade away any hope of having a decent team and call it a rebuilding process, that’s a bunch of shit. Management wants their money and knows they can never be competitive with the current situation so they make it up with a dirt cheap roster. That is fine for the people in the pirates organization who are making the money, but it sucks for the fans.

I bought one of those packages with all the BOGO tickets and a bunch of coupons, so i’ll be making my way down there sooner or later.