Pittspeed Drivers Poll

ok, it’s really kinda broad and hard to narrow into categories and i’ve been wondering where the majority of the boards interest lie considering we’re all working stiffs. assume daily driver means an average car, average price, performance, and popularity. so really GTPs are above average for this comparison.

this isn’t perfect. shop owners will undoubtedly fall outside of any of the choices. also i’m not knocking the guys who still live at home or run up the credit cards. this is just to see what the board is made of. :smiley:

is there a poll? or just post opinions?

I wouldnt really throw popularity into a DD discussion.

nowadays a good DD is about gas mileage.

I figure your average good DD would be like a 240sx, Integra GSR or swapped Civic. Cars that with a minimal amount of money dropped into them can be fun to drive daily and every once in a while hang bends while still being reliable

i picked nice truck and toys. i consider my WS6 a toy tho. so basically my 02ZR2 is my DD and it has some minor mods. then my TA is my play/race car, and i have a few bikes and a quad up at my camp too.

dd street car and toy (streetbike)

I have the nice DD and long term project.

yeah it’s impossible to get anything exact, like some guys can have great DDs and drag cars, but maybe the live at home, came from better off families, inherited the stuff, like i said it’s impossible to get exact so just pick what describes you best.

I’m confused, what are you asking?

x2.

Are you trying to see what our current car(s) are used for? Or what our priorities are?

Current car is DD-able but I choose to drive my beater MazDUh to keep the wear/tear down as well as avoid sketchy parking situations. It’s not a drag car at all (which seems to be your only racing option). I’d call it my AutoX, Track Day, “Nice” (ie take it to nice resteraunts w/ the gf and stuff like that) and occasionaly my DD car.

Now as for goals next is a house of some sort. Other than my car payment I don’t plan to spend too much more in the Zoh. I got my Fast90/90 and Penskes are about the only other thing I’ll spend $ on (though they’ll be 2-3k used or 4-5k new).

-TJ

if i wanted to categorize everyone i’d need 50 selections. :doh: answer it however you want, it’s a poll and you’re not under oath. priorities and what you currently own are usually the same thing so that would be what’d i’d choose if i were someone…

for example, my $ is tied up in other things so i can’t afford a second car for fun. but… if things were different i’d want a nice DD and a long term project like a ghia on bags or something like that, that’s just me. so that’s how i voted, even though it doesn’t accurately describe my situation right now. :smiley:

shit poll.

Personally, I have a brand new shitbox as a DD.

Ideally, I’d have my car with a turbo and some suspension work.

Fuck drag cars. Fuck drift cars. ESPECIALLY fuck show cars. Nothing with wheels is at the top of my priority list anymore.

:dunno:

i don’t really fall under any of them

Exactly. I know I’m supposed to pick what’s close but NOTHING is. I have a bucket DD and I like it that way. No worries about anything with it. And my other car isn’t a project car at all, nor is it a drag car. Though I do have about 2-3 project cars in the works with friends.

CliffNotes: poll = t3h suck

-TJ

my vote street car and daily driver my DD 02 gtp 4 door…old daily was 01 ss monte…and street car is 87 grand national

View Poll Results: Some ppl will fall outside of these parameters, just pick what suits you best

well my street/drag/dd are all the same car. i dont have to worry about inspections and emissions with the florida tag. im still a full blown fla citizen. but i do plan on making the neon a drag street car and gettin my grandfathers truck