Pocket Bikes...worth buying or waste of money?

I was cruising looking at some pocket bike prices…seems like they range from 150 for the 49cc up to 500 for the 110cc (70 mph) on a pocket bike.

They seem like they would be alot of fun…anyone have one or know anything more about them?

If you even have to ask then it’s a waste of money.

Having said that, they are fun when you have a lot of people around. Other than that, you won’t be riding it around the neighborhood by yourself just for hell of it.

hey its your money, but they do seem like fun so i say go for it :slight_smile:

it depends on whether you want a real pocketbike or a chinese copy, usually the chinese knockoffs are junk but some are decent, try davesmotors.com at least then you know your getting a decent quality knockoff

ok… pocket bike speeds are optimistic as hell… i bet the 49 cc one doesnt hit 30 mph without relatively heavy modding, carb, big bore kit, sprocketing… granted its a tiny motor… whats so heavy about those mods…

krazy karl has a LEGIT pocket bike (a couple) that will go around 60 mph… they cost near if not more than the 2k mark… you get what you pay for… the cheap bikes are cheap…

if you want to do some research on them go to www.cycleforums.com and click on the pocket bike forum

good luck

waste of money. it would be sweet for like a week then you’ll have it for sale for 50% of what you bought it for.