Podcast's: "Car Stuff" and "Car Cast"

I had some time during my 20 some hour drive up to NY earlier this week to listen to a bunch of pod casts that I’ve often heard talked about. First off, podcasts were great for the drive up and definitely kept me more awake, alert, and entertained than listening to music like I typically do.

However, these two podcasts; Adam Corolla’s Car Cast and How Stuff Works Car Stuff both pissed me off no less than once an episode.

Adam Corolla simply doesn’t know enough about cars to have a show about them. Not that you have to know everything about every car, but when you create firm believes about certain types of cars and you don’t know essential facts about them like what motor they have, what years they were made, if they’re front or rear wheel drive… It becomes frustrating to listen to. I now my only hope for The Car Show rests on Dan Edmonds.

The two guys from Car Stuff straight up give out false information. They have episodes like one about the differences between turbos and superchargers where one specific and important fact was dead wrong and the other was left out. Pretty much every episode had one fact completely incorrect. On top of that, they can be frustrating to listen to because they do a little bit of research on a topic and then record the show and if they don’t write down some info or can’t find it in their notes they stumble all over it. They did an entire episode about the history of the Porsche 917 and they guy could find in his notes how much power they had or the configuration of the engine.

Has anyone else listened to these? Feel the same way or am I just too obsessed about the little details?