Poll: Do you have a sub, what size?

I had 3 subs in last 2 years.

1. 12" Alpine Type-E damn this thing is good for its price of course its not clean and clips like crazy but I ran it with a lot of power and then gave it to my friend who had his 1000Watt amp hooked up to it. (This thing just can’t die, not even a smell of burning coil)
  2. 12" Infinity SUB used it for two weeks, nothing special but it was better built then Alpine-E, sold it to somebody from APG long time ago, it was a pretty good sub.
  3. 12" JLW6v2, this I think is almost the best sub for SQ (sound quality). Had it for about a year and then sold it to one of my friends. This sub is perfect for daily, because its really smooth and clean and I hit 140dB with just one of em last summer :slight_smile:

My Next subwoofer will probably be either 10" JLW6v2 or a 10" MBQuart Premium subwoofer. Still haven’t decided on what I want, but nothing too loud. I’ll mostly use it to fill in the lower frequency that my MbQuart Premium 6 1/2" can’t handle.

So Lets see what you guys have!

There will probably be a question about the 6 1/2" sub so I’ll write about it now, its a JL product, I am not sure if they still make it but it was realease in the end of 2005 and cost about $50 each.

no subs, just mbquarts in all factory locations, i bet it would sound good if they werent powered by the HU…

but i’ve had in the past JL 12w2’s in the old tercel

and some 12" Memphis in the 325…the shiny ones with the big M in the center, i forgot the model name…

I’ve got at least 2 tens, possibly 3(I don’t know what size the rear sub is) in my whip. While that sounds impressive, it really isn’t :frowning:

I have 20" of sub woofage in my trunk

yo whats a 13.5JBL? you mean the W7 13?

Yes, but isn’t the sub 13.5"
I always though it was 13.5"

The last aftermarket stereo I had used Focal drivers, their sub lines measured 11, 13 and 15" respectively, damn metric woofers!

correct. they call it “the 13” but the actual diameter measures 13.5 inches

i used to have 2 12w6’s in my old cavalier :lol i know it was very gay, then i sold them and the cavalier for a total of $4,100 then built the civic :banana

those are great subs, i like those