Pontiac...No more

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/29307802#29307802

kinda sad.

yea definitely is, but he made a good point that pontiac kinda fell in to the background over the last 10 years. No real cars stood out

yah they made a attempt back with the Solstice, GTO’s and now the G8’s…you dont really see any of them honestly.

I wonder if this is going to hurt the value or raise it of the GTO’s and trans am’s/firehawk’s etc.

The G8 is really, really nice, a better interior than anything GM has turned out in recent memory and with stellar driving dynamics, it’s a more satisfying drive than the first-gen CTS-V. Hopefully, that and the Solstice will be the models that survive, but I’m not holding my breath.

The GTO’s interiors are awesome too I thought…and for being a 4000lb boat, they handle pretty damn well

such a shame as i liked the pontiacs version of shit a lot better than chevy

I love the GTO. G8 is nice too.

It’s the right car at the wrong time IMO.

dont worry ,hummer may be goin to a iraqi manufacturer,saturn to toyota

Yeah, it sucks to see the big 3 doing so shitty. Hopefully things will bounce back in time.

kinda sucks, never been a pontiac fan, come of the vintage stuff is sick but a lot of the newer stuff isnt me.

I hope the G8 turns into a Chevy model or something, I like that car

whats the deal with warranty and service and parts if pontiac is gonna sutdown? thats what i always wondered…

like where would you get oem parts from??

the big 3 got themselves in to this…

they stood idly by while toyota, nissan, and honda took over the market

honda didnt overtake the market as bad as ya think ,mostly toyota

I think GM has to supply parts for 10 years or something.

My dad got parts at Otto last year for his '97 Olds.

Just about all the dirty parts are interchangeable across GM model lines so I wouldn’t worry about anything for a Pontiac. Saturn parts, eeeeep. Perhaps Rubbermaid will pick up the molds.

:lol ^

Good to see ya, haven’t seen you post in a while.

G8, Solstice and GTO are the only things worth crying over from Pontiac in the last ~20 years, and those all models have only been recently added from Holden, so technically weren’t made for the brand, but rather rebadged.

I wouldn’t worry about OEM part replacement, if the cars are made and bought, there will be demand for those parts and where there is demand, there is supply. The fact that no more will be made doesn’t really change anything. To an OEM replacement part manufacturer them going out of business is no different then Honda changing their civic model.

i understand that, but that means the DEALERSHIPS will be closed. how would one get oem parts/service if the dealer is buh bye?

You can get any GM parts from any GM dealer. They all get their parts from the same place.

sucks, a kid has a new G8 GT at the frat I visited this weekend, sick car. Fast and alot of room inside! we had 8 people in it goin to the bar! 2 front, 4 rear, 2 trunk…lol