Poor AMD, They are in Deep Shizzle..

Just for reference, Penryn (current CPU’s) is faster than AMD as it stands now at about 10% clock for clock…

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/intel/showdoc.aspx?i=3326

:jawdrop: considering this is still premature…

AMD took a shit (stock) a while ago. Its okay, i got in it at ~$5

Heh. I’m so out of touch. Used to know every fucking processor on the market, every video card, etc. Now I’m just happily rocking out with my Athlon XP with 256k L2. :headbang: I’m like the old guy talking about how is 180hp pony car could have sheared the lugs off back in the day…

Essentially AMD will be behind about 25% - 40% in processing power compared clock for clock with this Intel offering. That’s HUGE!

you should really give up on the automotive references. just sayin

O_O

I’m so behind. :frowning:

Cars make it hard to keep up the nerdery…

well that explains alot.

Bingo…

Oh come on. That was funny.

…noted.

well, who knows what AMD comes up with in that time. These aren’t due out until 09 AFAIK.

But unless AMD pulls something out of their asses, they might be in trouble especially once intel gets into the GPU game. It’s a shame too, I’ve always been an AMD fan, but since the Core architecture, they’ve definitely taken a back seat.

Those rendering benchmarks are very impressive though, wonder what the price point is going to be like

Price point will be the same when the 45nm Core 2 Duo’s came out and thus will push the current lineup down a bit.

This processor will be released in late Q3, early Q4 and mass produced in early '09.

AMD is giving out 5.00 gas cards to their employees over this I’m sure lol

Ha tell me about it. When AMD was new and the P4’s were new, I knew everything. You lose touch for a bit and you are just lost now.

I remember AMD used to be cutting edge and Intel was chasing them. Must of lost their touch.