pop-up virus or something

i came home tonight to find literally about 90 pop-up windows open. ran ad-aware and norton anti-virus and came up with nothing. how do i get rid of it?

i’ve got the same shit…it sucks. I have about 4 anti spyare/ anti virus stuff running now, but whatever it is, its not detectable…when i get it, i’ll let you know

i got the same damn thing, i tried everything and got sick of it and reformatted…

re-format it.

Don’t re-format

I’ve gotten a computer ridden with more spyware than you can ever come accross in years to work perfectly, and have virtually no spyware on it anymore.

You’ve inspired me to make a thread.

START IN SAFEMODE AND SCAN. Also use ad-aware AND spybot

yea, its probably something new…keep checking for updated definitions for whatever anti spyware/virus software your running…it probably wont be long before its figured out.

microsoft anti-spyware seemed to get rid of it.

my sis got it on her lasp top and it fried it. its now a paperweight. boss man got it on his comp nback in like feb. took him like 2 weeks to get rid of it and hes a cio lol…its like the bubonic plegue of the computer.

What… the… fuck… did you just say…?

jesus christ JEG, speak fucking english will ya.

anyways, check for elite toolbar and get the cleaner for it, nasty worm, and it doesnt come out using regular spyware methods.

You can get a lot of this crap on a pc but there ways to get rid of all or most of it.

got start, run, and type msconfig, enter, in the system config menu , select the 2nd last tab , services , select the box that says hide all microsoft services , now that list got alot smaller and you can select disable all , you don’t need any of it to start when windows starts , then go to the startup tab, and make sure none of the boxes are checked . hit ok but dont restart your computer yet.

Now open up internet explorer, go to tools , options , select the advanced tab , in the browsing category search for enable 3rd party browser extensions, if theres a check in the box remove it , hit ok and close ie.

do you have service pack2 , if so is your firewall on? , check it out under the control panel , that should be on.

reboot and see if the problem occurs // do this after you run the anti spyware or before, i cant think which one would be better to do first but let me know how this works for ya

peace

also, dump IE and go with firefox, alot of the spyware doesnt even get into firefox, IE sucks balls anyways.

:bloated:

very true