problem with ipod not charging through usb...

went to charge my ipoed through my computer, and it says usb not recognized. i have charged it many times before…can the charger wire go bad that quick, its only 6 months old or so??

doubt the cable would go bad, but it happens. try a to update the iPod first, then try a new cable

i cant update it, it doesnt recognize the ipod when its plugged into the computer

reading>me sorry… does it charge when plugged into a wall outlet?

i dont have a wall charger…it seems like the ipod isnt recognozed by my pc anymore. i still have itunes on my desktop, and my songs are there, and i can to itunes stroe, but thats it. the coputer keeps saying unable to read usb connection, and its plugged in right, i checked 3 times…

id try a diff cable. i had a problem where my ipod would connect to the pc but wouldnt charge and i needed to update itunes. but it comes on and says unable to read usb connection meaning usb detects that something is there just doesnt know if it’s the ipod or whatever.

cool. ill try that tom.

i dont know much about fixing these things. but i’ve heard if you take them to an apple store they run through a couple simple fixes… and if none of them work, they just give you a new one.