programmable ecu?

im getting a Tomei ecu for my sr20 and i was wondering if anyone knows anything about them and if they are programmable provided i have the right software on a laptop and the connections. let me know. thanks.

Isn’t the Tomei ECU just a reflashed ECU, very much like the JWTs or Enthalpy tunes/flashes?

I don’t believe they are programmable standalones. :dunno:

do you mean a re-flashed standard ecu? in that case, no, not without considerable effort

if you mean Tomei’s Reytec ecu, then you are my hero.

http://www.tomei-p.co.jp/_2003web-catalogue/efr_set-from_top-menu/efr_index-reytec.html

You’re better off getting an AEM EMS or Power FC as they are much more common
and tuning them would be easier as many people have experience.

so are sr20’s and s13’s, hasn’t stopped you from having problems, has it.

I’m sorry, huh?

i have no idea, it came with the car but i jsut havnt got it yet. it was installed tho. i guess ill just check what model it is when i get it.

Post some pics if you can.

More likely than not is is simply a re-flashed ECU, in which case, as aforementioned, you cannot change anything about it.

wrong, i can retune it if need be, birdman12 if you need help with it down the road let me know.

radek

will do, thanks radek!

awh, most ecus have a daughterboard or eprom installed “hence how they get, retuned” so you can simply have another chip burned or have the tune on the daughter board edited…

so to a “degree” you can have stuff changed… just comes dowm to whether you know anyone with an eprom reader/burning which Im assuming Drift Master may/may not have ? ? ?

yes i have extensive chip tuning experience, only thing may be encryption may be implemented into the burn, but no biggie i can handle that too.

interesting :smiley:

think you could read/decode a blitz encryption ? S13GG has a blitz access tuned ECU and I know he would want to know what kind of tune has been done to it

im sure something can be arranged.