PRP opens 3 motocross tracks

http://pittsburghracewaypark.com/forms/mxtrack.pdf

I’m thinking of checking it out saturday

Sweet.

old news but still worth a LOL

I drive by the place twice a day and didn’t know about it. Did you see the tracks? Are they little? Dumb? Just curious on the “LOL”

they are gonna have 3 tracks running. the one i saw some of looked like it might be ok but the dirt will suck. and i’m guessing they won’t know how to maintain it well. go up on a weekday when they are there and go take a look at them. they have been trying to do this for atleast 2 or 3 yrs now.

I stopped yesterday and they wouldn’t let me walk back to the tracks since they weren’t “open” yet. Friday you can preregister for practice and can walk around to check them out. I’m going to stop friday and see how they are, sucks for me though because there is a pitbike track, a quad track and a bike track so i’m sure like with every other place that makes a “quad track” I can do it with my eyes closed and it will suck

Did you check them out?

There’s a few of us going down tomorrow to ride.

yea, I went and walked the “quad” track … apparently when they say quad track that means that there are 3 “real” jumps and straightaways with random ski jumps. Depending what the weather does i’ll be there to try it out.

The “bike” track looks awesome from what I saw, I didn’t walk it though since I can’t ride on it. The pitbike track looked pretty cool but again, just from me driving by it.

I’ll be there at some point today. I figured that since it rained yesterday they’d close it today since it is still PRP.

i stopped by for another look see now that its done. the mx track looks pretty decent. the mini track looked like a adult pitbike track which is cool too. the couch/quad track would be good for beginners. they are supposed to keep it watered because they don’t want the dust drifting over to the drag strip. they said they had two ponds for water but i still never saw them.

There’s a pond on the mx track between the first two straights. Not a big one, though.

It was pretty fun. I couldn’t ride long, but I’ll probably be out there this week since it’s close to home. I’d like to ride my bmx bike on that pit bike track.

well its official, “the quad track” sucked. I talked to the guy who built it and he’s going to make some updates, we had 3 quads there and the jumps didn’t even have enough of a lip on them to get you over the downside, really disappointing. Hopefully next time its better for the 4 wheels but the bike track looked awesome. I don’t see what the big deal is about quads being on it but whatever, at least if they fix up the other track I’ll have another place within 10 miles of the house. I’m going to bring my rc truck next time for the pit bike track too, looked like a blast