Purchased a Grocery Getter - *My 24hr Makeover**

why did you need to drive to chicago to get a 5 series?

looks good but i find the wheels too sporty looking for it in its current trim.

M series aero package and M suspension would make the wheels pop more

Thanks all.

indeed.

1.) I like the look of an all black roof when there’s a sunroof
2.) Because i can

Yes, still have my 3 series. Don’t think i can ever get rid of that. Added the 2nd kid as of 7 weeks ago. See my DIY thread on it. :wink:

Nothing was wrong with the roof… plus having the tinted back glass makes it look cleaner.

I’ve been antsy to get a vehicle before winter and took a liking to the 5-series. Kept an eye out for the for a few weeks and found the one i wanted on eBay for a decent price. Told the owner i’d fly out to chicago the next morning to check it out and I’d drive it back if i like it. So… bottom line price and convenience to travel. Saw other ones i liked, but didnt want to pick them up from Cali or Florida.

My O.P. says that i’m not done and i’ll continue again in the spring. I plan on swapping out the bumpers and mirrors at a minimum. All while keeping in mind that this is just a daily beater for the wife.

The wheels i’ve had for over a year now. I planned on using them as track wheels on my e46, but the offset was for a 5er. Worked out. :tup:

I’m loving the vinyl on the roof. There is a white TC i see all the time with black roof (I’m pretty sure they are like this OEM). Makes me want to do mine…not sure it would look right though.

:tup: to a woman that can handle a 5-speed rwd car in the winter.

Looks great, clean family car. I like the transformation. Nice job.

Looks good :tup:

Great changes and car choice

Looks nice Josh. I have always been a fan of the e39 540 sport.

I like the wheels and although I’m not a fan of the faux wood. To be honest, the rest of the changes are a little ricey and not what I would expect from you.

haha…I see your point, but ALL of those changes i made with my e46… except my roof is actual CF.

Besides… it was a 24hr change. These are quick changes that i expect from the PepBoys shoppers, except these are still subtle. The “good” work actually takes time. Unfortunately, my life priority changes have reduced my time spent on the good DIY’s.

edit:

oh yeah… the wood is/was real.

Awesome job on the car - I love the work you did!!

He is probably going to burn the car based on this comment.

PS… Please for the sake of humanity remove your front bumper, Or get into a head on collision.

Thanks but I am good.

No really you are not.

Trust me, I am :slight_smile:

I know my tastes are different but should this reflect how I post on this site? As you being a moderator/admin, I would hold you to have more respect. Guess I was wrong.

Really, I am. :smiley:

As you being a moderator/admin, I thought you would have more respect for members. I didn’t know that I having different tastes veto’s my ability to post in this car forum. I didn’t see this in the FAQ… :roll2:

Looks good, but I don’t know if I like the turn signal projector.
Carbon roof looks nice.

I notice it has the 528 sport package wheels, did you get the 540i sports package ones too?

These wheels?
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w28/ruski_mafioz/3698_12.jpg

X…

^ no, the guy who had it before traded them with somebody becuase he liked the two-piece multi-spoke bbs’s better.

I 100% agree with the “projector” turn signal, i’m trying to find a way to combine the OEM headlights i just pulled and piece them together. The look is very similar to my signal light on the Range Rover… it’s not a projector, but just a round clear plastic lense.

:tup: I like it.

Side by side (w/E46) shots when done in the spring…?

WOW! the roof looks amazing! it really changes the look of the vehicle.

:tup: