Q about d16 Valves for the honda Pros

Im doing a mini me swap (d15b8) I have both a Z6 head and a Y8 head. I wanted to use the Y8 head because it Has higher comprestion and it only has 52k on it where the z6 has 100+ BUT I NOTICED 3 VALVES ARE BENT IN THE Y8. Can i take the valves out of the z6 head and use them in the y8??? Because that would be much easier, I just spent a butt load on the cam and valve springs and retainers. Lemme know guys thanx :slight_smile:

im pretty sure that would work, but dont take my word for it…i would take one out each and size em up, you should be able to tell

yes

the z6 head is better though
i have posted reasons why here, and on sohchonda.com

i was under the impression that the z6 head had minimal advantages over the y8. the advantage being the cam. the real gains came from the superior intake manifold on the z6.

So now im at the crossroad where do i use the z6 head or the Y8 head. PLease give me pros and cons of both. Frome what I keep hearing the y8 has better compresstion but more people seem to favor the z6. WHY?

Actually, I thought the y8’s mani flowed better? Maybe im wrong?

z6 uses larger and straighter runners. y8 used different sized runners to promote swirl and fuel efficiency. the y8’s higher compression comes from its quench pads, the issue i have found with this is at high rpm that instead of pushing the mixture towards the center of the chamber, it gets “stuck” and causes an crappy burn (detonation).

the cams are only slightly different (lift and duration) so that doesnt make any real difference.

i was told from a member on sohchonda.com that i can not run a stage 2 or 3 cam because it would hit the non vtec pistons. True? And if I cant is it safe to run a zex stage one 59100? The cam I have on the z6 seems to be almost like new and the lobs are higher and in much better condition then the y8 cam. or is a zex stage one a waste of my money and to just save it up to boost.

Untrue. They sell vtec cams for that purpose. I am building a turbo d now, i just gave up plans for both my nitrous d and my turbo b… im poor, im taking the easy route. I will most likely be using a ZEX stage 2 cam.

hmmm what to do ive had 3 people now tell me to change my pistons, dosent make sence to me. I didnt think a stage two would have that much more lift that the vavle would catch the piston. Its not that aggresive of a cam.

who are you talking to on sohchonda? post a link and i will ban then for being retarded

(im a mod there too)

Lol, “You are banned. Reason: Being Retarded.”

its mista bone saying it, but i dont think he’s ever clayed it. i know it will be close, but i had a bunch of room with my old motor.

You have specified an incorrect or inactive username, or an invalid password.

I cant get into SOHC anymore??? wtf? I even did lost password. Red EX is the name.

Hmm well i guess i will have to be very carefull and check it when i put the head in or else ill be doing a new motor instead of just a head. :frowning: well ill have something to do this winter lol.