QR25HO & QR25DE Debate

EDIT: I just moved this thrds from the calgary area as we Hijacked it and didnt need all this stuff in the Calgary members thrd.

[quote=“Anon K”"]

Name: Kristin Miller
Ride: 08 Spec V w/ QR25DE (woo hoo lol!)

[/quote]

2007/2008 Spec V is actually QR25HO
QR25DE is only in the CVT for the B16 :slight_smile:

Are you sure? That doesn’t make any sense to me… Never heard of the QR25HO either. :001_unsure:

100% Sure. Look in your owners manual. Even call the Dealership they will confirm it :slight_smile:

Will due. I see my dealership later today.

Website says different

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/ragerman/qr.jpg

2008 Manual specs says different. Hey when I bought the car it was spec’d on the web site in 07 and is in my owners manual.

http://www.fixya.com/cars/p692148-nissan_2008_sentra/manual-23796/page-9

Hmmmm.

Still going to double check. We’ll have the final verdict in about an hour.

So stealership says that it is the QR25DE. Said they never heard of a “HO”. My owners manual says DE as well.

Methinks that this may need further investigation…

Good idea. Now its driving me nuts. Sorry for the thrs Hi jack. Once we sort it out I can delet all this stuff. lol.

Back when I purchased the car it had a write up about being named after some Hirato os… who was the one who who did the VQ engine in the 350, ect . Do a google search or msn or whatever and dealerships have that engine listed so. I dunno?

Could be they just decided to drop it back to DE because it is the same engine, just stonger and more power…

Well I wiki’d and googled the actual QR25HO and come up with nothing on wiki and just a bunch of forums on google.But yes this now has to be answered!

Rather than Hi jacking the Calgary Thrd. I moved all the posts here in its own thrd. :slight_smile:

Haha nice. Wonder if anyone else has looked into this.

maybe you should start a thread on myspecv.com. I know they would get to the bottom of it

I just posted it on mySpecV. We’ll post the findings :slight_smile:
I should email Nissan Canada aswell…

Just a summary update: This is from MySpecV.com

2007+ Spec V is a High Output version of the SE-R’s QR25DE engine. Hence Why in the liturature is considered QR25HO. And the Renualt platform has a listing for a turbo, only available on the HO version, not the regular Qr25.

and on a side QR25HO is listed here for 2009 Model…
Barrie Nissan then click vehicle specifications

So we should start calling it the QR25HO? I think that will just confuse people to no end…

Where did this infor come from? It’s wrong

I will. Just because I can and my engine is a HO.

And Ryan…I dunno, I just said I typed summary notes…

if im not mistaken the qr25ho is a j spec motor??.. i will research