QTP electric cutout for wrx...

My friend put one on his last night. All i have to say is OMG is the sweetest fucking mod anybody coud do to their rex. It sound soooooooooooo sweet, and there is zero lag now. QTP says they gained 24 hp at the wheels with this cutout, and i believe it. All the gears just pull alot harder. But the sound is what the coolest thing is. I wish you guys could hear it!!!

dude… it’s not like it’s a model dependent part… it’s just an open dump… i had one on my car… riding around with an open downpipe gets old… i went back to manual because i only really open it at the track

this one is a model dependent part…this is pulled off of QTP’s site
“Dyno Numbers on a 2003 WRX Gained 21 wheel horse power and 24 pounds of torque at 4400 rpm open vs closed QTEC. This is on a car that only put down 197/200 on the dyno. Giving the turbo to spool freely and fast.”

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/Downpipe/index.html

no it isn’t… the downpipe is.

that company became a company because of all vw guys buying the cutouts and making their own downpipes…then the company realized that people would rather spend extra money on a downpipe with it than make their own… they started the whole electric cutout fight with mccord a couple years back on a volkswagen website… i’ve owned both before they even made downpipes.

not arguing though… just letting people know it’s just an electric cutout.

i know its an eletric cut out…ive owned one…and took it off!!! but im saying the sell the down pipe kit with the cut out for that car!! and that those numbers arnt just for any car…that they got those numbers off of a dyno for the wrx…

i want to hear this!!! :blue: :blue:

i wasn’t really trying to make it sound like it was a new and hot thing, i was just blown away at how sweet it sounds and how much more power there is. I would much rather have this than just an aftermarket exhaust on wrx, i would just keep the cutout, and run the stock exhaust. sound of an open dump on a subie > sound of open dump on any vw. <smiley>. o yea justin if me n kurt go to the car show tomorrow i’ll call you and u can ride down with us. Then u can hear it.

sounds like a good plan…give me a call whenever…im free all day tomorrow!!!

sounds good man. will do.

yeah it is cool till it stops sealing all the way