Question about cell phone/pda insurance

I have the HTC touch for sprint and they recently took the phone off the website and off the shelves to make room for the touch diamond and the touch pro. I have insurance on my phone and if anything happens all I do is call tell them and pay $50 for a new (refurb more than likely) phone and be done. But since they have stopped selling the touch they have to provide me with something of equal or greater value/features and functions, correct? So would I be right in assuming that if my touch were to break and I filed a claim, could I possibly see a touch diamond or touch pro? Or do they have stacks of refurbs to send out to people…?

I have heard success stories in the past with people doing this with treos, anyone on here have any experience with this?

chances are if they just pulled the phone they will have plenty of refurbished replacements for a while. i would say the longer you wait the better your chances of getting an upgrade.

+1 on boxes of refurbs waiting for people to break theirs.

This can work, but typically no, you can call and say yours is broken, and its keeps breaking and this is the 5th one you’ve tried, etc etc and they will sometimes upgrade you for free. My brother tried that when he had a Razr, but he did honestly go through about 5 of em.

I was upgraded by VZW when I had my Treo 600 becuase the thing kept breaking and was replaced free under warranty. They stopped making them and they sent me a 650 and told me it was becuase I exchanged it so many times for hardware problems.

I am not too sure what to expect if you break it yourself. Lol