question reguarding turbo and injector size

i was just wondering for u turbo guys if 48# injectors (not sure what that is converted to CC) would be good enough to drive around on running 7psi?? now i know u should not measure injector sizing with psi rating but im not goin to be beating on it either

504 cc/Min …Sounds liek theyd be big enough to me.

Slow down there… First off, you need to find out the maximum amount of air your turbo will be flowing @ 7psi by finding out the flow at the corresponding pressure ratio. Secondly, you have to find out how much your engine can flow at X RPM and X pressure ratio.

You are better off finding out how much HP you want to make and using RC’s formula with that for your injectors. Use the following BSFC of .5 - .6.

http://www.rceng.com/technical.htm

yea i use that a while ago and im only lookin for 200 hp for now and it came up with somethin like 27-30#ish but i was not sure if i put everything in correctly

Aim a bit higher, you don’t want to be buying injectors again. I would tell you get something around 60lbs which still has the ability to idle really well but will give you around 350 - 400 crank HP with moderate duty cycles.

^what he said, im close to max duty cycle on my 42# injectors at 13psi(oops…broken WG)

there is also the question of fuel pressure and what kind of fuel system you have

im using the stock fuel system but i am eventually goin to swap in a walbro 255 pump, im not sure that the stock fuel pressure is though off the top of my head thats somethin i would have to look up