Injectors

Got a buddy that has 460cc injectors from an rx7 fc and is wanting to sell them for $75…im running a ls/vtec at 7 psi will these work for me? worth the buy?

Pretty much, are those injectors side or top fed?

they are top feed red tops

IFR = (HP * BSFC) / (# of Injectors * .8)

So, my 225 BHP car, with a BSFC of .65, I will use this formula:

IFR = (225 * .65) / (4 * .8)

IFR = 46 lb/hr, multiply that by 10.55 to get CC’s, 485cc

F2 = (P2 * F1) / P1

F2 = Flow (in lbs/hr) at the new PSI
P2 = Desired fuel pressure
F1 = Fuel injector flow at the rated PSI (P1)
P1 = Rated fuel injector PSI

In our example:
F2 = (60 * 36) / 45
F2 = 48 lbs/hr

And are these Ford red tops? If they are, i thought they were 320cc/30lbs (at whatever ford rates there injectors at)

Im not exactly sure Im just goin from what this guy is telling me they are…he had them in an old Fc, not sure

I have an ls bottom end (doing rods and pistons) with B16 head (stock for now) a T3 running 7 psi, only expecting to hit 230 hp at the most, what kinda injectors am I gonna need while on a budget?

use the formulas i posted.

Yeah they will work fine man … i made 300whp on my b20 motor with dsm 450’s so your mid 200 goal is very safe if tuned right.

Yeah about a T3 runnin 7 pounds…http://home.comcast.net/~tarryo/kyle/articles/compefficiency.html

i dont understand how to make it work, im not that car smart still learnin

FourGee thnx for the article

there is no way i am going to let you keep that thing @ 7 psi if u have forged pistons/rods!!!

haha remember i have to drive it everyday for the next year until i can afford a beater
unless i get lucky and my dad lets me buy/have this '90 mx 6 he just picked up

with forged pistons/rods that thing will be relable up to 14psi daily driven

Well im def gonna have to get new pistons and rods anyways doin the ls/vtec so we’ll have somethin to work with…hey I have GSR axles rite now those gonna be good to go for now?

Anytime Spread the word.