QUICK: Opinion Thread!

I have signed the paperwork on a new car and the dealership gave me a good number on trade so I will be trading it in. It’s a 2003 nissan sentra se-r spec v

I have a set of 17" OEM rims with summer tires. 2 newer tires, 2 at 30-40% but still pass.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20825[/ATTACH]

I also have a set of 16" OEM rims with winter tires mounted. 4 matching with about 50% tread life left.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20826[/ATTACH]

My question (and i think I know the answer) is what is more desirable to sell?

I will post up a FS thread soon but looking for opinions before I take delivery on the new car wednesday.

Thanks!

Jeez man, if the price they are giving you on the trade is the same, give it to them with the 16’s!

I take it the car was well to you?

yea i would put the 16’s back on and give it to them with those on there and then sell the 17’s.

Snow tires won’t be worth anything for another 6 months. I would grab the 17’s and cash out now.

Perfect and just in line with what I thought.

Yeah, Joe the trade number was excellent. I will be taking home an '09 legacy 5spd Wednesday. This car will be traded in with 16’s and yes it was good to me too.

What rims were on it when they gave you the trade in price? I’m guessing a spec-v with non-spec-v rims lowers it’s value some so if you’re switching after they already quoted you a trade in price they may have issues if they notice the switch.

No worries JayS, I have worked it out with the dealership and they don’t give a single fuck.

:tup:

Dealerships couldn’t care less about what wheels are on the car. It would never effect their bottom line. Always swap off any “specialty” wheel. It’s a great way to get another 3-400 bucks in your pocket.

:tup:

17" ones are has more nice

Post new car pictures.

I’ll post a “slow dd/winter beater” thread when I take delivery and take care of a few cosmetic things on my list. It’s nothing special. 2009 legacy 2.5i dark grey 5spd Special Edition. No leather or factory fogs :frowning: (limited only)