Ram tranny swap

i have a 95 ram 4x4 1500 5.9 auto. The tranny i completely junk. (No reverse, OD, or 3rd and leaks everywhere.) Is it possible to swap an older tranny out of a first gen ram into my truck? I’m not afraid to have to hack some wires or and I don’t care if the speedo wouldn’t work or would be off. I want to know if it will bolt up to the motor and transfer case fine and work with my torque conv or if I need a different one. I’m low on money right now and I don’t have the money to sink into a new trans if I don’t have to. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Magnum is based off of LA. Bell housings will line up. Are you getting a 4wd tranny for the swap? Oh, and for the altimate ease of installation. Get the proper tranny!

The first gen trannys are weaker than the one your replacing.

I figured out that I could use a 90-95 tranny. 94-95 are the only second gen rams that would work. 96 and up the OD is different.(so I was told from multiple sources) The earlier 90s trans would have to have the bellhousing notched out where the crank sensor is located on mine. I’m rebuilding it now anyways. I can rebuild it cheaper than I could buy another high mileage POS used tranny. I was just brain storming.