random question: sorta

Okay, what kind of cars had/have a 6cylinder engine, 6spd manual gearbox, and AWD, available in America…engine mounted north-south, not transverse

sorry if this is vague, but apparently there is an awd 6cyl focus running around the carolinas and he wont say what drivetrain he is using.

I’m betting he took the AWD from a tempo and mated it with a SHO motor. At least that is the Tempo of my dreams.

It’s an LS1 with 2 blown cylinders?

No fucking clue man…

i would shit my pants if a ford tempe was available in a 6spd manual ahahahaha…never even considered the tempo AWD though…so thanks

G35x

They only made them with the 2.3L though. The SHO motors can be swapped into one with out much of a problem. They also made tons of 5 speeds.

Think about a budget EVO/STI killer.

SHO motor/awd/5speed in a Tempo… maybe turbo it?

Fast fun cheap and great styling/ interior.

Sleeeper? lol

The AWD system in a Tempo is crap…It can’t handle any power…Count that idea out.

What’s the skylines drivetrain?

you know tempos were new at one time :gotme: like in a showroom and shit and people wanted to buy them…

i just cant see it

the skyline fits the criteria, but is WAY too complicated a system to swap in…only one person has done so in a focus, and its not road legal because he cut everything off from the firewall forward and tube-framed the entire front end.

on another note…I KNOW that the jaguar X-type swap is entirely possible, but thats a transverse V6, and so is the V6 awd ford escape…also, the escape was not available in 6spd…the x-type is REALLY REALLY hard to find with the 6spd, they only used it one or two years i think

2009 Audi A4 3.2

I had an x-type…it’s a 5spd manual though. NO 6spds avail.

It was, just not in america
They had a 2.2 Diesel Front wheel drive 6 speed manual

but he asked for AWD setups.

the weird(cool) thing about the jag xtype is yes, it had a transverse mounted motor, but it was RWD bias.

his reply was this:

Ford 3.5L V6 and 6 speed Tremec box…

tremec 6spd awd?

that exists?

prolly a custom bellhousing, sounds like the 3.5 is from the edge

EDIT: 4 secs of googling:
http://www.newcars.org/cars/ford/2008-taurus-limited-awd.asp

now that just takes the cool right out

thats really fucking gay if thats what he is using, its Automatic, and its not true awd, is that fucknf FWD shit that transfers 20% to the rear under loss of traction.

Im sticking with the x-type setup.