rankin , my car is not a factory freak

mines up and runnin ,but my bottle is empty now dont know how i got no leaks and wasnt in it to much so ??? im hopin to get it filled by sat for the track for motor and bottle runs

So shes runnin good??

your better of dropping an ls in it, way better chance of hitting your goal, and trust me john, i know whats out there and i know whats not, i was in the lt1 community for a few years and i even had a 383 lt1 of my own, a built 396 with maybe dominion 32v heads on top of that thing and maybe you’ll hit 550rwhp, but those heads are pricey, and may not even be in production anymore. Or you can go with a nonstreetable solid roller setup and maybe hit your mark. Its a very bold statement, goodluck to ya, and im not saying you cant do it, im just saying when everything is all said and done, chances are you wont hit that goal. try something realistic like 450 -475ish, way more obtainable.

and here is your 396 http://www.golenengineservice.com/html/lt1_lt4.html#LTlong

with that motor and a 6 speed with your stock 10 bolt i would assume a very modest 10 percent drivetrain loss which comes out to 468rwhp. Thats if you havent gone to a 12 bolt or a 9inch by that point, and if your 6 speed is still holding up and you havent converted to a turbo350/400 yet.

but like i said goodluck

http://www.golenengineservice.com/specs/html/396_520.html i think this is what he meant i dont think at the wheels either but who knows wit a bottle it is possible

she seems to but my bottle is leakin down :Idiots i left it hooked up all weekend even with the bottle closed it went somewhere :lol worst part is for 80 bucks i didnt even get high out of the deal:wtf

Car with an auto ecu doesnt run any diff than a 5 speed…

and tony?

I dont see any 550rwhp N/A LT1 under a 408 C.I. Motor possible.

Just drop a LS3 in it…or sell it and get a F-body that already has a LS2/LS6 or LS3 in them…their everywhere on ls1tech for cheap…

You skipped a giant section in that conversation!!! either way I laughed.

No top speed limiter for S13’s with an auto ECU.

That’s because they couldnt possibly go faster than 120mph anyways.

oh I thought he said FTMFL, like it runs bad with it…

Im not going with the golen long block… im doing the 396 short block with afr heads bc ive heard that they are the best flowing heads out there, and a much more agressive cam than what comes in in the 396 long block bc that motor only put down 520bhp. SO i guess I should say that it wouldnt be a problem hitting 550whp but i deff think with:

Golen 396 short block
AFR Heads
very agressive came
…that i should be able to come close to the low 500whp range

i wish you luck, you need to buy afrs and send them to lloyd elliot if you want to come anywhere near that mark