Realty Bros Check in

Pricing your home right is far more important than the color of your fridge. I’ve seen homes sit on the market for a year with stainless appliances. People aren’t like damn those appliances in that outdated kitchen are sick.

I agree that stainless and granite is the way to go, and it may help you sell your house faster… But I feel you need the whole package in a kitchen to get some money back out of the investment. Meaning new cabinets, appliances, stone countertop… Not just a stainless ge fridge.

I have white appliances and I think my kitchen is pretty sick. Like boostcreep said my house was built 9 years ago. I went around them though and did everything else.

good advice. I want new floors and counter as well, just trying to do it right the first time.

Get the right utilities. 6 burners better than 4, 2 ovens better than one, 2 refrigerators better than 1. Just like sinks. Most nice kitchens have atleast 2 sinks

People are starting to look for functional kitches they can afford.

Another thing don’t get too fancy with the design. I have personally seen a kitchen designed way overboard and artsy. Stay with a neutral design so it doesn’t scare away potential buyers.

Also don’t go overboard. … if you live in a $100, 000 average cost of home area you don’t want to drop $100k on a kitchen. If its a personal kitchen you plan on keeping go for it. For resale the area and neighbors matter.

A nice kitchen in the ghetto is not going to give you a roi.

Depends on how well stainless goes with everything else, I like Stainless with Dark wood cabinets. Then our camp is Light wood with stainless and I don’t like the way it looks. It’s all personal preference really. The color of the appliance wouldn’t turn me away from buying a house as much as the condition/age of it.

I’d do black appliances. I think that as far as resale, the gains would be minimal for SS vs black. I’m sure there’d be a loss of “wow factor” but why buy good shit for someone else? Black looks good, cleans up nice and homebuyers should be fuckin glad that you’re leaving anything, especially if its newer higher end stuff.

I write all appliances into any offer that I write for my buyers. Noone takes appliances with them typically (excludes washer and dryer but I write those in too). :slight_smile:

It does matter as sad as it is.

I can understand wanting to take washer/ dryer if they are newer high efficiency models. A nice pair can easily set you back 1500.

I’m late on the color comment but I would do SS if it were me. It will be easier to polish up and make look nice years down the road if you decide to sell.

I bought a washer and dryer a few weeks ago. Not really sure why but atleast I’ll already have them when I buy a house

this, almost lost a deal over a 20 year old fridge recently. dont even want to talk about it.

The old ones last forever. A few years ago my grandmother got rid of one that was 30+ years old but worked fine. She got sick of looking at it. It was harvest gold

and thats when it comes out of my commission. lol happens too often

and you’re single why?

you never had a deal, shut up! :hug

Because I don’t need anybody else to make me miserable

holy fuck, Eeyore

Most married people I know always bitch about the person they married. Others end up divorced

I have someone that’s looking in the 160k range. Told him about your house.

:rofl

LOL, who the hell do you hang around with?

One of my good friends has a wife that’s a nut job, another is divorced, my brother is divorced, several guys I work with are divorced, my parents always complain about each other and there’s several others too.