Closing on my house on the 17, Q & A

Hey guys, i am buying my first house and closing on it the 17. WHat are some of the things I should know about when I finally get in there? The house has new paint and new rugs and mostly all new appliances that stayed with the house, but here is my list so far:

-Get plastic for the new rugs for when we are moving in, no stains hopefully
-New door locks

• CHanges over all the billing, water, electric, gas, etc

what else do you guys who have done this before recommend?

Save money

do you have your home owners insurance binder?

ALOT of things.

Do you have all of the documentation that your lender requires to be seen @ closing?
Do you have allthe funds necessary as listed onthe HUD?
Did you have a home inspection done?
Did you buy a home warranty?
How old are the mechanical systems?
Did you scrub every wall, floor, and fixture to remove all the grease, dna, semen, etc?

I inventory everything with a digi cam, so if anything happens you have proof of everything that was in the home. Worked out great for my parents after a flood.

Put new contact paper down in your kitchen cabinets.

id take a monster dump in the toilet but dont flush. then make the wife come in to see it and make her flush. then tell her to get fucking used to it, its your house and a priveledge for her to be there. then make her bake you a pie, without pants on.

Get Guinness.

^^^^ agreed Guinness is all you need

paint before you move everything in, or smack yourself later when you have to move it all around.

Oh yeah also write down locations & hours of all nearest hardware stores. You absolutely will need to visit one at 9:55PM on a Tuesday.

Dont start a project until you finish the first one.

^OMG good point.

:cry:

Shower curtain always seems to get forgotten.

yea or you will be like me with 6 rooms half done and not want to work on them

new shitter seat…
beer

Damn someone beat me to it, I was going to say new toilet seats. I changed my garage door opener but thats because the last people “lost” one of the remotes and I didn’t trust that crap.

You realize you can re code them?

can you do it w/ all i know the old school ones you could flip the lil levers but new ones i did not know that

lawnmower
i did not do the new shitter seat i put in a new shitter

and $$$ the money will come out your ass so fast once you get in and change things

First of all congratulations. I too am closing on a place in about a month, and I’m losing my mind getting everything together. Dotting every I and crossing every T is a huge pain in the ass.

For my place we are changing over the locks, and utilities.

My advise is just to save as much money as you can.

You are going to need to buy so much shit, its unreal.

new door locks