reccomendation for firewire connection

i need a firewire connection for my PC, are there USB adaptors? i would be connecting a firewire froma miniDV camera to my computer… do i need a firewire jack, or are there firewire to USB adaptors?

just get a pci card and throw it in. You will get real speed. converting to usb will force you to sit there forever while shit transfers. I am not even sure if they make a converter.

Or you could wait until the shiny new laptop comes in and that will most likely have it built in.

im assuming newegg has what i want

laptop, i can only imagine how old it will be… no high hopes there lol

I see no problem with inappropriately touching santa… i would hop up behind him and grab that beard and show him whos boss…

“WHERE THE FUCK IS MY SCOOTER!!!. I’ve BEEN ASKING SINCE AGE FUCKING 7 YOU DICK!!”

yea pci card is certainly your best bet

or pcmcia for laptop, usb converter would be for teh lewse

uuhhhh wrong thread?

I think something is fucked up in the nyspeed database. Replies are getting posted to the wrong threads like crazy. Who knows where this reply is going to end up.

I put that card in my desktop a few months ago and it works perfect.

Hard to beat for the money and the number of ports you get:
External USB Ports 3x USB Ports
Internal USB Ports 1x USB Port
External 1394 Ports 2x 1394 Ports
Internal 1394 Ports 1x 1394 Port

1394 = firewire.

can a hardware NOOB install it? im about to buy it

You linked to a list of products, but assuming you pick up a PCI card yes you can do it.

Pop the side of your case off, find an empty PCI slot (white), unscrew the rear panel cover for that slot (you won’t be re-using it), plug card in, put screw from rear panel back in, put the case panel back on, open beer :jam:.

Edit: Turn the computer off first :smiley:

oh oops linked a list, but yea any of those should do me right, right?

install sounds easy, word

As long as it’s PCI it should be fine. I usually just pick whatever has the best combination of rating and price.

i completely failed as i found the firewire outlet on the back of my tower at the bottom… OOOOOOOOOOPS