Recorded myself on my drums...

I finally got a clip of myself playing my drums. I had to wrap the digi cam in a pillow becuase it is too loud and the sound was all distorted. Short clip, nothing amazing. Hope you like. I’ll try to get some more up.

Explore tallywhacker

not bad.

some things to think about:
-there are some slight hesitations on some of the bass notes in the groove

-double pedal part has inconsistent timing…

are you using the second pedal for the “fill” in the groove?

we need more cow bell

A video would’ve made it much better.

again, bad recording, but this one has actual footage lmfao.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/tallywhacker/th_drums2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/tallywhacker/th_drums3.jpg

Oh and about the double bass, I gotta get new springs for it. The tension is all wierd because they are warn out.

how long have you been playing?

The problem is the korn and slipknot posters.

x2.

few years. self taught. Its a

few years. self taught. Its a really bad recording I know, and I have to tune my drums better…but its a pain in the ass and I’m lazy lol.

i know exactly how much of a pain in the ass tuning drums is. i really need to tune my bass drum but i just havent gotten around to it.

nice job man. but not to go and try to take over your thread but since we were on this topic this is one of my good friends little brother - hes 17 and made his own studio, its pretty awesome in there. heres one of his new videos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbdij2iRsHI

yea little moran is nasty

i’ll throw up a vid of me playing if you guys promise not to give up playing after you see it :wink:

lol go for it man. I’ve never taken lessons in my life. Everything I do is just shit I’ve learned from listening and messin around. I know I’m better than a lot of peope, and there are a lot of people much better than I. So bring it on man lol.

Same here, except I play just about every instrument you could think of, and most of them proficiently… with no lessons.

If I get bored tomorrow I’ll take a video of me playing and throw it up… I’ll go easy on ya for the first one :slight_smile:

whats with all the self taughts? ive been playing for like 6 years and ive had lessons for 5 out of those six. its definitely made me a better drummer than if i didnt have the lessons.

I tried to take drum lessons twice from 2 different guys that were supposedly the “best guys around”

I ended up teaching them stuff for an hour then I still had to pay.

Now on the other hand, if someone fantastically amazing starts offering lessons for a reasonable price, I’d be more than happy to learn a thing or two.

:word: I’ve had a few guys “show” me how to play. then I got on there and made them look lame. The vids do no justice. I couldnt play very fast becuase of the distortion. I play a lot of thrash and speed metal shit. So I do a lot of insane double bass work. Unfortunately the camera wouldnt pick it up and it sounded all messed. So I had to slow it down quite a bit lol.

ewww you need some funk in there brotha

But I was talking about going to legitimate teachers that were supposedly the best in the business, well at least in NY state.