RedBull X1 Car from GT5

20-30 seconds faster than an F1 car around the Nurburgring, lol: Granted it’s not real but do you think we’ll ever see anything like this in the future?

it’s hard to give any credibility to a car in a video game that’s not real.

Racing always progresses though. Cars always get faster and the limits are always being pushed. F1 cars from 10 years ago look like dinosaurs practically. I do have a feeling it will progress and cars will get that fast.

Eh, I think the Ferrari F2004 is considered to be the fastest F1 car ever, and that was 6-7 years back. The ‘80’s turbo cars were retarded powerful, over 1500 horse! Rule changes for aerodynamics and engines have limited what the cars can do now, even though the chassis’ are probably at their best.

If we had a race series that offered completely limitless engineering and aerodynamics, I think we could have cars similar in performance to the fantasy GT5 car.

In some ways I really want there to be a league where there are no technological limits, but only if the drivers are somehow kept safe.

Eh…it’s all moot anyway since GT5 will never, ever, ever, ever be released. It’s truly the only reason I have a PS3

that video was so stupid. durrhurr heres some magic car that doesnt exist, turns on a dime and goes 400 no problem. and heres some driver who cant even keep the car on the track talking about how wonderful it is.

and after playing the gt5 demo that just came out im so underwhelmed. the physics were so bad it was unplayable. and frankly it didnt look as good as i was expecting. i really want to know why this shit keeps getting pushed

how do you change the tires? And hell trying to hold my face straight at those corning speeds would be interesting

you wouldnt have time to play it anyways

:whip:

idk about the tires, but jet fighter pilots deal with many many g’s.

I just paid about $150 to get my PS3 fixed so i can play this… it better be good.

Hey look, it’s a Caparo T1 in Red Bull livery…

http://jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2008/04/Caparo-T1-3.jpg

Yea i don’t think limitless racing is even possible.

Even with all the restrictions there are in f1, its still pushing the limit of what a driver can do.

And that is with them constantly banning technology, and with a engine development ban that has been going on since the rise of the 2.4L v8’s they use.

Now days drivers in f1 are littearly using one hand to drive, while using the other to adjust one of the 20 buttons on the steering wheel and while

blocking off the “f” duct. All while driving 100-220mph, and having to pick there braking point to within 30cm of perfection. EPIC.

prolly see that car b4 gt5 comes out