REDNECKS: School me on shotgun ammo

I got a mossburg with top folding stock in trade for some crap…

Mentioned to a coworker who gave me a bankers box full of 12ga ammo weighing 11tybillion pounds

some slugs, some pellets, some not labeled except with numbers down the sides of the shells

WTF does the writings mean? how to decode? can had murder?

the barrel of the gun will tell you what size shell it is chambered for. usuay it will say “chambered for 2 3/4” -3" shells" or something like that.

just shoot them

the shotgun for reference:

what are those #'s? measurements of length?

sell it to me

no, going to the woods this weekend to blow shit up

ok next weekend sell it

more info less haggle

the numbers can mean many things.

12ga is the diameter of the shell
2 3/4", 3" ect is the length
8,7,6,5 ect is the size of the shot (the smaller the number the larger the pellets)

yeah they are #s of length. different shells are different lengths. you should be fine with shooting w/e out of it I dont see why not.

yeah they are #s of length. different shells are different lengths. you should be fine with shooting w/e out of it I dont see why not.

yeah I forgot to mention shot size lol.

lol@ the bottle of jameson. that picture looks like someone is on a serious mission.

well its either slugs or “bird shot” ( BBs inside the shell ).
Slugs will have the led showing when you look at the end of the bullit.
the “bird shot” will be folded over to contain the BBs.
slugs are for a longer distance and bigger impact
the spread shot will be for closer range less impact for smaller items and or blowing shit up.
slugs kick more.
as JEG stated. read the barrel of the gun it will tell you the lenth the gun takes.
and the bullit at the primer end will tell you 12GA or 16GA ect…
Don’t put anything but the correct ammo in.

Dude, drink all that shit, grab the gun, grab the ammo, dive out the window, and see what shells work in it.

/end of story

where can i buy a bag of birdshot? anybody know? Walmart?

i do that with this:

much less damage

gun store?
Maybe walmart

Walmart actually has the some of the cheapest prices in the area on target loads (8 shot). I regularly buy my shells there.