Releasing info to the public

I am going to be releasing info to the public in the next few days. This will go out in the pittspeed newsletter that will reach 2000 people. And then it will be sent as a press release to all Media. I will compile it in this thread though so you can approve it and give suggestions.

I was wondering if maybe it would be a good idea to expose the project, this might get more sponsors and donations. We do not have to tell the whole project, just a general idea… What do you guys think?

i think thats the only way $$ going to come in for it!

I think that’s the way to go. I think more people would be willing to donate.

Even if our opponent would find out which engine it is, it probably won’t matter. Is there a negotiation for the first race? If so, then they’ll know what engine it is anyway. Other details don’t need to be given though. :wink:

I have Street Heaters onboard for some money, just need to get the advertising document done. I will have some time at lunch today then tonight to prepare most of the documents… but if anyone would like to help let me know

I’ll be glad to help. Proofreading, comments, whatever.

Who all are we contacting about parts? Am I correct that there’s something in writing from Pinks to show that we’re in?

Some other questions/comments:

Summit? Jegs? Probably can’t do both. Maybe tell one that we’d like to deal with them exclusively over the other? We could even go out there to meet with whoever has the decision making power.

Should we have the four shops identify their choice of charities? It might help if we told sponsors the plan for the cars if we win.

true

go for it

Let the cat out of the bag yesterday!!! We’re starting to fall behind!