Rental Car Review v. Gallardo Spyder

Got the chance to beat on a Gallardo this past week in Vegas. :tup:

Gotta admit, I was not impressed with the interior at all, looked cheap for the money. It’s easy to get an “it’s awesome” first impression, but when you sit in it for more than 5 minutes, you start noticing all the details.

Felt a bit under powered on the low end and not nearly as much torque as I had expected. But it pulled hard through every gear. I was only able to get it up to 130 as I stayed close to the strip.

Paddle shift transmission was phenominal and the ECU rev matching was pretty sweet as well. By far the best transmission i’ve ever driven.

Was very easy to control while power sliding through intersections.

Exhaust was much louder that I anticipated, it could be heard everywhere on the strip from our hotel room.

Pros:
Transmission is phenominal
Exhaust note is orgasmic

Cons:
Interior is “meh”
Only room for one hooker

Overall…over rated and i likely would never buy one if i had a chance.

I have a few videos on my phone power sliding it through an intersection and driving through McDonalds Drive through. I’ll see if i can pull them from my phone.

A fun experience but one i would only do it once. Not worth renting again.

:clap:

'nuff said! :tup:

That looks like a blast! the background on my computer is a Gallardo Spyder, but thats about as close as i will get to one right now…:frowning:

You should have tracked it while you there, i heard something about corvette rentals on a track down there, but I have never been to Vegas, so i wouldnt know.

i was really expecting a better reaction while going through the McDonalds drive-thru… but i likely wasn’t the first.

Nice.
The only thing they had available when I was there was a Honda S2000.
I laughed and walked out.
I was surprised that all of the others were rented out though.

how much does it cost to rent such a vehicle? is it per day, or do they give you a deal if you go with a week?

i personally woulda went with a 360 spyder or coupe, but that’s me…

x2 what was the pricing on the rental and did it differ for other cars? what were some of the options at the rental place?

Oh man. I wish I had known you were out here with that. I could have shown you some real places to stretch its legs within a 20 minute drive of the strip. Good stuff.

Using the rental toe test drive something to come ?

:slight_smile:

sucks that they had no CTS-Vs, I guess a gallardo had to do. :smiley:

Look at that sexy beast in the back. yow. Makes me wish I could go to Vegas.

in for vids, possible to text it to me?

sweet… cost?

Rental Rates
http://www.dreamcarrentals.com/rates.php

Gallardo = not cheap

lol @ 50 miles included then 2.25 a mile after that.

the prices to rent a gsx-r 750 are awesome! now i know what im doing when i go to vegas, sportbike FTW!

you need to put a large credit hold on it though, in case you wreck it/ what not…

N/A N/A $79 100 $0.25

please take this car for a day!

AC cobra replica with 100 miles for $225 is not bad.

Post the vid and pics of what we did to our rentals! Oh and post the 1 with me standing on the roof lol!