Replacement HID bulb

OK, so one of the HID bulbs in my car has recently gotten dimmer then the other… its more yellow then blue now and is about 1/2 the brightness of the other one… and every once and a while it wont turn on… this is the first time ive had a HID bulb go… so i just wanted to confirm that this is the sypmtoms of a bad bulb and not a ballast or another issue…

2nd… where to get good replacemnt bulbs… ive seen “OEM” D2s’s go on ebay for ~80 a pair, which is about what i want to spend… any ideas on other reliable stores to get some blubs from? i need 6000k to match my HID fogs

I have 10,000K eBay ones in my car and they work great. I don’t think you can really buy a bad HID, they are all pretty much the same. You just have to decide on color temp.

10k? Wow, talk about a waste/rice. The is a difference between bulbs, you definitely want to stick with OEM/Phillips/Hella for quality/life.

I think XenonDepot sells stuff seperately.

yeah, you can get bulbs from Steve @ Xenon Depot. somewhere in the 100-150 range iirc, but that could be way off. i’ve done thousands in business with him for my various cars over the past several years and have always come away a happy customer.

Definitely the bulb.