Review: Reign Over Me

Adam Sandler & Don Cheadle

:tup: :tup:

Excellent flick…Sandler is awesome in it.

A story about a shattered man after the events of 9/11.

Go see it…do not expect Happy Gilmore or Billy Madison from Sandler…if you want that…its definetly not your movie.

Cool, Did you cry.

i kinda find it weird that he uses the same kinda retarded like voice in every movie

No tears were shed…just a quality story.

Sandler and Carey are doing serious roles? Why?

My guess would be growing up and not wanting to be remembered for Dumb & Dumber and Billy Madison as your claim to fame.

I think they are both talented actors outside of comedy…Carey was excellent in the Truman Show and Sandler has been excellent in Click and now Reign over me.

I have enjoyed seeing their versatility in acting…neither are Morgan Freeman or Jack Nicholson by any means but they are gifted actors despite everyone loving their comedic side.

JUST GO SEE THE MOVIE lol

yeah, me and Carless won tickets to the premier so we saw it early…it was much better than we anticipated.

also will ferrell in stranger than fiction was a bit serious but def a couple laughs… i thought that was good too

i def wanna see reign over me, looks good

I’ll see it…but I think I am going to just want to hear Sandler say “He called the shit poop!!”

Seriously though, Sandler isn’t bad in serious roles. I saw Spanglish and that wasn’t too bad. Click was ok as far as movies go. I have yet to watch Punch Drunk Love, but I do own it.

Punch Drunk Love?

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind? The truman show?

All awesome flicks.
i think adam sandler and jim carey, respectively, are both awesome drama actors.

Stranger than Fiction was ok. They never explained why he could hear that woman narrating his life. Didn’t make much sense.

It seems they are following in Robin Williams’ footsteps. He was a goofball in the past but as far as dramatic acting goes, I think he is fantastic. His comedy sucks balls, but his acting is top notch.

u ever see the movie “one hour photo” with robin williams?

I don’t remember it.

I do remember Good Will Hunting, Dead Poets Society, Patch Adams…

Creepy. See also: Insomnia with Al Pacino.

Eternal Sunshine was awesome. Probably one of my favorites.
I think I might have to give this movie a chance

Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind one of my favorite movies as well.

as for this one, i’ll wait until it comes to blockbuster.

the whole 9/11 thing is played out.

Punch Drunk love was meh in my opinion but the scene where Sandler goes insane in the street is by far one of the best movie scenes ever.

This movie is NOT a 9/11 Movie. It is a story about a man who lost everything on that day…and shows his life nearly 6 years later.

Definetly not a boo hoo for America…Boo Middle East story.

I keep hearing that i was a good movie and i will probably see it but why 9-11, why not a car accident or amish school shooting?

Good question…one I don’t have the answer to. The way the story plays out any of those circumstances would have worked the same. I think the 9/11 angle just catches more peoples attention and makes you think about the magnitude of loss by alot of people suffered on that day.

But the movie definetly does NOT focus on it…possibly because it takes place in NYC too has something to do with it.