Ride planning for weekend 4/27|4/28?

Gave the Weather channel a look see and it seems sat the 27th it will be 63 party cloudy, wind SSW at 11 mph and sun the 28th will be 65 party cloudy, wind S at 10 mph. :excited

Im riding to the OC meet sunday

I’m game for sunday if anyone’s around

See if I can grab Gen-P maybe a trip to the lake. I need to commit that route to memory.

I’ll probably come out for a ride. Its been awhile.

you show up it would be interesting, remind me of how slow I am. :lol

Would be good to get out with you again it’s been ages!

maybe the guy on the Ducati will show up and we will both be reminded of how slow we are :lol

LMFAO that guy was a beast, watching him fade off into the twist was a bitter sweet symphony. :lol

Don’t know if sunday would work for me Band photoshoot time is up in the air.:Idiots

Saturdays always work better for me.

agreed

Im down… What time people thinking?

Better be a ride up around the lake because I’m sick of straight roads :smiley:

I think noon is a good starting time.

I also think meeting at Jumping Jacks would be decent because then we can ride through Scotia and head up towards the lake.

Saturday is fine with me

Which lake are you guys referring too?

Well. On Saturday, everyone ride down past Mavis in Downtown Albany and beep at me for being a looser stuck at work

A ride around the lake with highspeed might scare you :laugh

The one were the 848 was in god mode.:rofl

Cops, and road debris is my concern. I like to think I ride at about 50% of my limit to “use” the other 50% to be vigil against issues we tend to find on the street. Now, I’m not saying I harness the power of Marc Marquez, or even RocketPunch, but, you really have never seen how I can actually ride. :giggle

I left Chris about a mile behind me a week or so back when we hit up some twisties. His reaction: :wow … :lol but I definitely rode at my limit, and in some turns over my limit, and looking back, wasn’t a smart idea. :zip

I won’t be leading the group when we ride because I’m a puss and people complain I am too boring of a leader. :dunno If you wanna ride hard, someone else lead and I’ll gladly follow.

sweet, I haven’t been up there in almost a year

but it’s gonna be a bit too cold to really push it

Didn’t we ride around there once when it was about 50 outside.

I used to run the Lake hard years back. I too became the leader of the pack. I did the “pace” concept and it usually worked well within my small group of friends. I’d pus-pus the straights or one wheel it. Then the turns were anywhere from “double the posted speed for the turn” all the way up to Mach 1. Haha. However, I found out on another forum I used to be on that the cops started hiding waiting for us. But we hit it so random that we never had a problem. I always had a rule that I didn’t push the limits unless the temp was above 70. Many different opinions on this. But the pavement in some of those turns in the shade would get weird below 70…well, at the speed we were running. We’ve left strips of rubber out of some of them. Crazy times. The best time to hit the lake is now on a warm day. No summer traffic and hopefully the sand/salt was washed away with the rain this past Friday.

As always, ride safe and keep a good margin of talent/skill left in reserve. I know I’d push 100% a lot back in the day. Now a couple of years older, married, and just not riding with the guys the way we use to. I would like to think I could dust off the 1000 and head out with some of you guys and still rock it… But, I can’t risk tickets and honestly, I just don’t have the “Balls” anymore. Something I’ve lost over the past couple of years. Haha. Anyways, take some pics, get a video or 2. I’m always a fan of “the ride” footage. Have fun, be safe. If one of these weekends opens up for me. I might give it a try up there again.