Rim Repair

Hey everyone…I was wondering if you all had any suggestions where I could get an aftermarket wheel repaired.

I called Keystone on Karner Road but they don’t do aftermarket…only OEM.

Any suggestions?

It’s an 18" 5x114.3 5Zigen FN01C-R wheel. One is slightly bent, but all four have peeling clear coat…so I’d need to get all four repainted/cleared as well. I haven’t bought them yet, but I’m trying to find out if I can get them fixed before I buy them.

Thanks.

You just need them repainted, not repaired. Call a few body shop and find one that knows how to paint wheels. Strip clear, prep, paint, done. $50-100 per wheel depending on how baller.

One is bent…but all four are in need of a repaint. The bend is slight, according to the seller. Probably not even noticeable to the naked eye.

Repainting isn’t that much of a problem. My best friend owns his own body shop…just I dunno if he’d be willing to do my wheels. I’m more in need of a place to fix a bend in an aftermarket wheel.

Gotcha. I’d hit the phone book. If you cant find one around here, I’ve used Rimpro in Boston. If you can barely see it, it will prob balance out and you may not need too. Depends on how much money you want to put into it.

I see.

RimPro was one of my google results…I guess they are also in Syracuse.

Thanks. If anyone else has any more information or knows someone that does, please let me know.

hey bud 518.743.9928 guys name is gaylord hawley id give him a call hes in glens falls though and theres another store in albany but idk the number

Thanks. Will do.

Okay I just called the guy.

Basically…for a machined wheel (whatever that means)…it’s about $100-120 to refinish. It’s about $125 to get it repaired.

RimPro wants almost $200…so he’s definitely a bargain…but I’m not sure I want these rims now. It’s going to cost me around $900 after everything is said and done…I can get an entirely new set of those for $970.

How do repaired rims hold up after being repaired? Are they weaker in any way?

im realy not all taht sure ive never done it even though i should lol

Dont buy junk wheels. Youll put more money into fixing them and painting them than it would cost to buy good ones.

RimPro, period. I send all my stuff out to them. Excellent work…

They hold up just like new wheels if they are done by a proper repair company. RimPro does great work but for cheaper wheels (i.e. under $1200) its usually not worth the cost of the repairs most of those places fix really high end wheels where 150 to 200 is worth spend 600 to replace a wheel

Yeah.

I’m going to have my best friend who owns his own shop in Albany refinish my wheels for dirt cheap. I’ll have that guy above fix the one that’s bent…I’ll be spending like $160 for everything.

I got the guy to give me a huge break on the price of the wheels too…so I’m getting them. Should all work out just fine.