Roll bar before cage?

I was hoping to get a cage in my z, I’ve actually been on the list at gforce for about 3 years now. lol

so considering that’s not coming through for me;

I have other places on the car I’d like to spend the money. But I still want good seats and harnesses

Is it worth it for me to pick up a roll bar setup? then just sell it when I get the cage?

(I want the cage since I plan to use this car mostly for trackdays. also i hope to do an rb swap somewhere down the line).

honestly i think it should be drivable before you worry about a cage or roll bar

well if u do a bar in a good enough way as far as material, thickness, and mounting points whoever does the rest of the cage can just incorporate it in the cage

I am doing my cage right now.

As for picking up a bolt in roll bar, sure you could do that and re-sell it later on down the road. They are better than nothing.

Guess what? You almost always have to do the main bar first. But here is the thing, you will still need support fot the bar, it can stand alone, but porper reinforcement is needed to work as a roll bar.

If you wanted to skimp you could just do the basic 6 points, skip the side impact and halo bar and any cross bars. It would be “ok” for track days. This would require 5 bars, 8 bends, 6 plates, and ~50 inches of wled total. I just don’t know what Lee will ask, or even if he will decide to offer this service.

the same requirements for a bar will work for a cage. A roll bar is min of 1 3/4 .120 wall, a cage only needs 1 5/8 .120, so a bar is slightly thicker. Many guys convert their roll bar to a cage, remember that for NHRA if you add the parts for a cage, a window net becomes manditory. The only drawback to adding the main halo later, is welding the top, normally you tack it in, then remove the front down tubes and weld the top, then push it back up, this keeps it close to the headliner and allows a higher seating position.

The NHRA hosts track days now? :stuck_out_tongue:

Again I will recommend that you intially build your car to SCCA specs. As it is recognized by the SVRA as well.

lol you’ve been gone a while huh

it’s driveable.

hm. then whom should i talk to?

roll bar no, cage yes.

I’ve called drag racing events "tack days"for 15years, sorry for the mixup