Roll bars (local fabricator?)

I was trying to put a bar/cage group buy together but that fizzled out. Before I drop $550 shipped I figure I should look into getting a custom one done locally first and see how much it would run. Anyone know of a place that does good work? I’m looking for something like this:

http://www.autopowerindustries.com/Images/Race_Roll_Bar.jpg

Originally posted by paNX2K&SE-R
I was trying to put a bar/cage group buy together but that fizzled out. Before I drop $550 shipped I figure I should look into getting a custom one done locally first and see how much it would run. Anyone know of a place that does good work? I’m looking for something like this:

DOMINATION CHASSIS
Jay Cooper
529 Keystone Drive
Carnegie, PA 15106
412 999-1910

for what car, and what form of racing…

For my NX2000. I need one so I can use 5 point harnesses when I install my momo seats. I hate having to brace myself with the steering wheel and knees when I do track events. I end up being all sore the next day lol. And even more important then that people end up on their roofs all to often. One of my good friends rolled his NX down at Summit Point.

boostjunkie!!

so u need the cage to be scca legal, not ihra or nhra. as there is different requirements.

Imperial Heights Garage in Imperial. They’re doing a roll hoop for my formula car and I plan on having them do a custom bar for my Starlet. If you want an Autopower bar, I can get those at jobber prices.

vw16vcabby: It doesn’t need to be “legal” for any sanctioning body it just needs to save my ass if I flip.

jim: That would be cool if you could check the price of an Autopower Nissan NX2000 bar, DOM tube with the removable cross brace and harness bar options. Thanks man :slight_smile:

just an FYI.

schroth makes a 4pt. harness that doesn’t need a roll cage.
The Rallye3 & Rallye4
They are pricy but when compared to the cost of roll cage installation its not too bad.
I have the same problem of sliding around in the seat and I got the Rallye4 and it works great.

Installation is very easy and they use all the stock seatbelt mounting points.

http://www.soloracer.com/harnschrothfaq.html

Yeah the Schroth belts are indeed nice but I don’t really autocross much.

Originally posted by showtime
just an FYI.

schroth makes a 4pt. harness that doesn’t need a roll cage.
The Rallye3 & Rallye4
They are pricy but when compared to the cost of roll cage installation its not too bad.
I have the same problem of sliding around in the seat and I got the Rallye4 and it works great.

Installation is very easy and they use all the stock seatbelt mounting points.

Schroth Harness Guide and Harness Belt FAQ

i understand your point, but at teh same time, having a cage in a car and wrecking/flipping upside down more often than not will cause you more damage than no cage… think of your head hitting off a roll bar–padded or not. bars are designed to be run w/ a fixed seat/harness and helmet. so ur within 6 inches of your head w/ the main hoop. to give roof collapse support, you could position the main hoop further away from ur head. so ur safe from it and at same time, have more rigid body.

Originally posted by vw16vcabby
i understand your point, but at teh same time, having a cage in a car and wrecking/flipping upside down more often than not will cause you more damage than no cage… think of your head hitting off a roll bar–padded or not. bars are designed to be run w/ a fixed seat/harness and helmet. so ur within 6 inches of your head w/ the main hoop. to give roof collapse support, you could position the main hoop further away from ur head. so ur safe from it and at same time, have more rigid body.

Good post sailor:D

I totally agree. I would never put a cage in a car that sees any street driving duty. I think that would be extremely dangerous in even the most minor accident.

I am only getting a bar so there is no worry about hitting it. It will be behind me and will not have supports running beside my head up to the windshield like a cage would. If you re-read my posts you will see a picture of what I intend to get and also read that I am also installing one piece race seats and 5 point harnesses.

With those in place there is no way I am going to hit the cage unless the impact is severe enough to almost fold the car in half or break my seat (which are FIA approved for racing) which is not bloody likely. An accident that severe would result in almost certain death anyway regardless to whether there is a bar installed or not.

Originally posted by vw16vcabby