RSX needs some stuff... Advice?

I need an O2 sensor for just after the catalytic convertor. Acura’s OEM replacement is expensive, but “guaranteed.” Where can I get an aftermarket replacement?

One of my front shocks is loose (not tightenable?). If it needs replacing, anyone suggest some new shocks? Or would it be a good time to get coilovers (if the price is comparable)?

I need new tires, I’ll probably get a new set of Azenis from Innovative. Pretty solid decision, unless someone has another opinion…?

Also, I’m overdue for my inspection. No advice needed, just pointing out the urgency for the O2 sensor and tires.

the stock o2 is a wide band, and i am pretty sure its not the bosch. that means no matter what, you’re gonna pay thru the nost for it (i never understood that saying)

if you’re not auto-xing i would get a tire thats a little better in the rain. i liked (and so does the editor of grassroots) the es100’s. if you are auto-xing then pretend you never read that last bit.

screw it, get an o2 sim , could very well be much cheaper

and the version of that sayings origin that ive heard is that vikings used to demand taxes or bribes from the lands they had conquered, anyone that didnt pay had their noses slashed

if you didnt pay with goods / money … you got to “pay thru the nose”

donno if its true though :gotme:

i dont think they make a wideband o2 sensor simulator. i could be wrong

and thats very interesting.

https://www.casperselectronics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=104053&Category_Code=honda

call them before odering, the part is listed for the rsx, but not specificly for the type s … so depending on which u have …

Not Auto-Xing (I know, I suck at life) so tell me more about these ES100s. They seem a little less expensive. Know any place locally that stocks them?

i think mike is yokohama dealer

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=AVS+ES100
i am sure you popped in there, but they have reviews if you havent seen them already

i loved mine when i had them on the car. not as sticky as the azenis, but a billion times better in the rain, and a lot quieter. i will be switching back to them next season.

interesting viking story i believe it

Yeah, I could use some less noise in that car. The Azenis sound like there’s a Mack truck in my hatch - or under me somewhere. I’d miss the stickyness of the Azenis, but maybe the Yokohamas would last longer than one summer, as the Azenis seem to do every year, even without racing.

coilovers are in no way gonna compare in price to a replacement strut…so unless u wanna spend 800- up on true coilovers…jsut buy some KYB adj…u have Eibach springys dont you…tires thats ur prefernce…o2 like Days of Zero said they all expensive and i havent seen a simulator for wide band ones yet but i may be wong

Yes, I have Eibach springs.

The guy at Acura said I should be able to find an O2 sensor for 1/3 ($95?) of the price that Acura will charge ($280?).

FYI O2 sims make you fail the new inspections

i just had a conversation about casper brand o2 sims w/ the owner of jkennedys dyno tune, and i made a post about it yesterday also … check my recent posts to find it

call kennedys dyno tune and ask them about casper o2 sims … THEY pass inspection as long as noone knows they are there … just leave the old sensor in place and put the sim in the car

Does the RSX use one O2 sensor or two? I ask because my Sentra uses two…

it uses 2
1 narrowband, and 1 wideband

pumice, you should get 2 or 3 seasons out of the es100’s.
as far as grip. grassroots tested them, and i think they were like 1.5 sec slower than the azenis on dry pavement. i would have to go back and find the artical though… i could be off.
anywho, based on their tests and reviews it seems to be the best all around tire for your dollar.

O2[size=2] Sensor[/size]
The Oxygen Sensor I need is the Bosch 13676, for AFTER the catalyst. Seems to retail for around $185.

Tires
Most of the reviews on TireRack mention the noise level of the ES100 tires. Any less noisy option? Keep in mind, I’m not AutoXing, but I do enjoy a tight turn on an exit ramp or curvy street now and then - without losing grip.

I was about to just go ahead and order them, but seeing all those reviews, it reminds me of the Azenis and how loud they are. Someone’s comment hits the nail on the head - it sounds like a wheel bearing is shot.

Mounting / Installation / Who? / When?
Should I consider having Acura do the oxygen sensor?
Should I order the tires online and have Sears mount them, as I have done in the past?
Can Hybrid or Innovative do this stuff for the same price or less, and maybe during hours that better fit my schedule?

Closing Comments
One might think that I’m not in a hurry for this stuff to be taken care of, considering it’s been a week, but I do need this taken care of this weekend or sometime next week. Quick clear opinions and advice are appreciated.

oh contrair my friend…their whole purpsose is to fool the ECU to think that there is a a properly funtioning 02 sensor and that everything is OK

oxygen sensors are easy…sears will mount the tires…my brop had his wheels and tires mounted by them…he purchased form mike…i am sure HC will do u right if u go there and ask

I guess I just feel silly NOT getting Yokohama, Kumho, or Toyo (?) tires for a car I consider to be on the performance side. It’s not a touring car, nor is it an SUV, and I don’t consider it to be a mere passenger vehicle.

Is it possible to find the perfect trade-off in performance and noise? Quiet enough to allow me to hear my stereo, performance enough to stick to the road when cornering. Anything out there?

SUMITOMO HTRZs…CHECK TIRE RACK…great tires…super inexpensive…grippy(not azenis grippy) ansdquiet

this is my 3rd summer for the es100’s and they still seem to have a few more left in them. i never really notice the noise, but thats probably because theres a lot of other loud stuff goin on. i’ll definately be buying them again.