new RX-8

so i just picked up a new RX-8 (SILVER). what shuld i do to it upgrade wise?

IBrx8hate

Trade it for a fast car :slight_smile:

J/K nice ride dude.

put an LS1 in it

[quote=“SlVrWrXfMaK”"]

so i just picked up a new RX-8 (SILVER). what shuld i do to it upgrade wise?

[/quote]

trade it in?

kidding… uhh congrats and enjoy it. :beer:

::edit:: rob beat me to it!

That took less time than I was expecting.

BS pint beer glasses is the only upgrade I would get for it. May require r-comps as a supporting mod.

[quote=“fairgentleman Z,post:7,topic:32883"”]

BS pint beer glasses is the only upgrade I would get for it. May require r-comps as a supporting mod.

[/quote]

Word! Not nearly as many of them run as you would think…

ls1 in a Rx8 would be badass… hrmmmmmm

Do what Mazda should have done in the first place and put a turbo on it. Or you could trade it in like the other guys said, but get an RX-7 instead. :ohyeah:

wider wheels w/ sticky tires…autox leave stock enjoy warranty

[quote=“livin4hockey,post:10,topic:32883"”]

Do what Mazda should have done in the first place and put a turbo on it. Or you could trade it in like the other guys said, but get an RX-7 instead. :ohyeah:

[/quote]

:picard:

maybe an intake or an exhaust. enjoy a sporty, comfortable, fun daily driver with a warranty. spend money saved on turbo kit on gas for the car, and time saved on checking the oil religiously.

T66 turbo…AIC Controller…Stand alone engine management system

[quote=“K Cuv,post:11,topic:32883"”]

wider wheels w/ sticky tires…autox leave stock enjoy warranty

[/quote]

the factory tires are pretty sticky on it when it’s dry. it’s that or the lack of torque.

CROSSDRILLED BRAKE LINES

The guys on RX8 forums list mods like this:

Hawk Brake Pads
Upgraded Spark Plugs
Fuzzy Dice in rear view
etc etc

So just build off that :stuck_out_tongue:

the guy asked a serious question, deleted the bullshit.

what are your goals for the car? is it your daily driver? etc

[quote=“Dex,post:12,topic:32883"”]

:picard:

maybe an intake or an exhaust. enjoy a sporty, comfortable, fun daily driver with a warranty. spend money saved on turbo kit on gas for the car, and time saved on checking the oil religiously.

[/quote]

True, the turbo kit would kill the warranty. I was thinking beyond the intake and exhaust, but it depends really on what you plan on doing with the car.

after owning one for a few weeks now, i would say intake, exhaust, springs, and autocross the hell out of it. the car isnt designed for any sort of straight line racing, stick with its intentions. keep up on maintenance and enjoy the car for what it is.

LS1 swap.