School Me on RX8's

As soon as my grand am is paid off I was thinking about getting a rx8 with low miles. What do you guys think? What are the pros and cons? I am not going to do crazy mods to it for performance, maybe just sparying it with a dry kit or wet if it can handle it.

pro’s- they are a very well handling car

con’s- the engines suck and have no power

that should be all you need to know

QUIT IGNORING ME?!?!?!?! Did you give up on the bike?

are the rotary engines that bad in the new rx8s?

willy, i am trying to pick up a z1000

qft

there are a couple of people on this site that formerly owned RX8s…

FORMERLY.

i’ve driven a couple and was very disappointed in what it was. I have more fun driving S4’s.

if you look at all the guys that are making good power with rx-8’s you will find they swapped to the proven 13-b rew out of the rx-7

The new 8s have a larger engine. The one I drove felt like it had plenty of power in every gear, in fact one time I found myself in 6th at low speed thinking I was in 4th.

The one I drove is driven year round, driven on road trips, and very reliable.

how do the rotarys hold up to spraying them? I dont want to go fast with it just want something that is sporty and fun to drive. The del sol will be the go fast car:)

I dont get it, you want to run spray but you dont care if it goes fast?

for just shits and giggles, not a big shot just something extra if i wanted to bring it to the track. I hear they have great handling too.

Rotaries and spray was something I never heard of going together well with FD’s, but I’m not sure about RX-8’s. I’d still take an FD over an RX-8 any day, have you considered that option?

never really thought about it, i want something that is rwd and fun to drive. I like the looks of the rx8 but i dont see a lot of them.

with that vague of direction you will not be happy in just “picking” something.

$0.02

true, i will have to do some serious research on them.

very shitty gas mileage for very mediocre performance

buy the 240 that is for sale on here n put a twin cam ka in it, weld the diff, and have mad fun in the winter

theres a reason why you don’t see many around…

you’ll probably like a ms miata if you don’t care for speed over handling.

240hp at 22mpg? not too shabby for me.

My subaru has I think 180hp and gets 23mpg