new RX-8

[quote=“MPD47,post:20,topic:32883"”]

LS1 swap.

[/quote]

that’s what i keep telling woody and he keeps mumbling some bullshit about a warranty or something.

the bullshit was fun. thanks for the input. i am going with new rims and tires first(starting from the ground up) thanks :krazyjon:

[quote=“woody,post:19,topic:32883"”]

after owning one for a few weeks now, i would say intake, exhaust, springs, and autocross the hell out of it. the car isnt designed for any sort of straight line racing, stick with its intentions. keep up on maintenance and enjoy the car for what it is.

[/quote]

word, def. not meant for straight line. Welcome to rotary community, pretty soon you will laugh at everybody that says to put a ls1 in a rx car and suck the life out of it, destroy balance, fun, and free reving… sorry ill stop… as for the mods:
-I got the mazdaspeed exhaust, love the sound… under $600
-An intake, similar to the exhaust will show little hp gains. The stock intake is pretty well tuned, i replaced the stock filter with K&N.
-brake pads suck, they screetch! I replaced mine…
-I just ordered springs… tein’s… stock spring have lots of body roll
Basically you will drive it and figure out what you would like to do…
check out rx8forum.com, good people and very minimal bashing! pm me, zoomnrx8 will any additional questions…

[quote=“SlVrWrXfMaK,post:22,topic:32883"”]

the bullshit was fun. thanks for the input. i am going with new rims and tires first(starting from the ground up) thanks :krazyjon:

[/quote]

Good start, some nice LIGHT wheels and beefy tires are the way to go… Then stop.

[quote=“ZOOMNRX8,post:23,topic:32883"”]

word, def. not meant for straight line. Welcome to rotary community, pretty soon you will laugh at everybody that says to put a ls1 in a rx car and suck the life out of it, destroy balance, fun, and free reving… sorry ill stop… as for the mods:
-I got the mazdaspeed exhaust, love the sound… under $600
-An intake, similar to the exhaust will show little hp gains. The stock intake is pretty well tuned, i replaced the stock filter with K&N.
-brake pads suck, they screetch! I replaced mine…
-I just ordered springs… tein’s… stock spring have lots of body roll
Basically you will drive it and figure out what you would like to do…
check out rx8forum.com, good people and very minimal bashing! pm me, zoomnrx8 will any additional questions…

[/quote]

sorry, OT i know
how is the ride on tein springs? still comfy?

I will let you know friday…they should be here this thurs. I want to get them on for the ride to nopi. From what I heard its not a bad ride at all… I do plan on upgrading the stock tokicos to koni’s next year.

[quote=“Dex,post:21,topic:32883"”]

that’s what i keep telling woody and he keeps mumbling some bullshit about a warranty or something.

[/quote]

hahahah roflol

[quote=“SlVrWrXfMaK”"]

so i just picked up a new RX-8 (SILVER). what shuld i do to it upgrade wise?

[/quote]

nice ride. the saaab wasnt sporty enough for ya?

attend a grand-am race this year. Listen to the GT Rx-8’s as they scream by

Get one of their mazda speed front bumpers & their exaust note’s & call it a day.

Killer ride man, do what RedrRocket said.

[quote=“MPD47,post:20,topic:32883"”]

LS1 swap.

[/quote]

Beat me too it.

LS1 swap would defeat the purpose of the car.

Like others said with its nearly 50/50 weight ratio to every corner I would just do some suspension mods and autocross the shit out of it

[quote=“SlVrWrXfMaK,post:22,topic:32883"”]

[/quote]

Thats a good move.

I don’t know much about rotary engines but I would imagine they sound terrific with and aftermarket exhaust.

Racing Beat Exhaust sounds nice.

[quote=“02svtfocus,post:31,topic:32883"”]

Like others said with its nearly 50/50 weight ratio to every corner I would just do some suspension mods and autocross the shit out of it

[/quote]

50/50 weight ratio is over rated.

There have been LS1 swaps into RX-7’s done before that have supposedly kept the 50:50 weight ratio, so I’m sure it could be done to an 8. But I’m not a fan of it. Rotors all the way :party2:

the swap in a new car isnt something i would tackle right now. the engine has 400mi on it now… i think i am going with a racingbeat exhaust, k&n Typhoon Intake(on order), sub and custom box with false wall in trunk,and amp under plexyglass with a mazda logo lazer etched in(geting built as i type). :carnut next paycheck is rims and tires. thanks for the input.

[quote=“SlVrWrXfMaK,post:36,topic:32883"”]

racingbeat exhaust, k&n Typhoon Intake, next paycheck is rims and tires.

[/quote]

Good stuff.

The stuff I edited out…bleh…

Stay with the good stuff. Audio shit is a waste man, if you’re modding the car, make it go faster and function better as an RX8. Leave audio to your living/dining room.

[quote=“91MR2,post:37,topic:32883"”]

Leave audio to your living/dining room.

[/quote]

:clap:

[quote=“Dex,post:38,topic:32883"”]

[/quote]

x2

[quote=“Dex,post:38,topic:32883"”]

[/quote]

x3 because i love the clap smiley