Rust hole, whats my best course of action?

nice that there gonna cover it, they really should though, theres no reason that should have rotted through like that.

are you going to put the wing back on our de-wing it?

I will probably keep the wing on it.

in for outcome

yeah… that’s the most common rust spot along with the dogleg in front of the rear wheel. Check the condition of that while you’re going in for work. in newer years they have a plastic protector (clear bra like thing) that covers that area. It costs like $20 and I got one back when my car was new to protect it.

Went in and Gary helped me out, took pictures, etc… He told me that it should be covered, since it went all the way through. He is going to try for the spoiler, but that is considered under the shorter warranty, since its not rust. I can fix it though, if they can’t replace it.

Hopefully I hear soon, he wasn’t sure how long it would take. I stayed and talked cars with him for like 15 minutes though, and he knows a lot of my friends (including Aaron ^^ ) so hopefully he does it quickly.

–mark

not if you want paint to stick to for any length of time. I hate POR 15. its a bastard to work with and it doesnt work all that well especially in areas that you want paint to stick to.

However, i have had great results with rust bullet.

Good too hear that its getting fixed Mark.

Brian

the paint on my Dana seems to be holding up well with a base coat of Por-15

driven in winter?

did you hit it with paint right after coating with POR? it sometimes sticks ok then.

did the dana have some rust on it or a chunky surface? por doesnt stick well to smooth, well prepped surfaces. it grabs onto rust better.

Dont get me wrong, its not bad but its such a hassle and its so finicky that i prefer another product much more.

Brian

por15 is mad glossy, just need to sand the shit out of it.

Took mine off this evening as I have seen some rusty stains around the area. To my surpise it is no where near the condition of yours but it is bubling…so its bound to happen. I may just sand/POR/re-seal it and hope for the best.

Gonna leave the wing off for a few days and see what I think of it :shrug:

I actually may see if I can get a trunk with no wing holes in it from the warranty. I found a trunk lip that I really like. Plus, I could then fix up my spoiler and trunk good and have it as a spare / a second setup:

carbon fiber

no

i will steal letitrolls trunk cheap

I think the wing fits these cars well, not a fan of the wingless Evo’s.

Agreed, as ricer as it is, it really fits the car well.

Haha, I know, right?

:slight_smile:

That silver one looks weird…for some reason yours looks better wingless. Or maybe its the rear, rear-quarters view that looks good wingless. Side view not so much.