Evo Owners Chime In Please.

Well, after driving my car this winter I have fallen victim to the infamous trunk rust (beneath the spoiler on BOTH sides). We I thought about it and came to the conclusion that I am just going to purchase a carbon fiber trunk. EvoM is not loading for me at the moment so I figured I’d just ask here.

Which trunks have you heard good reviews about?

-Seibon? (sp?)
-VIS?
-Evodave?

…etc.

Also maybe links and prices please, I’ve been seeing $600 ish which is fine but I don’t want fitment problems or rough edges… etc.

Actually if you have any input I would appreciate it, thanks.

My car is an Evo 8, if you don’t know already.

isnt that a warrenty item?

They will cover it under warranty if you have less than 100k. They replaced mine at 80k.

For your question, I bought emery’s EvoDave cf trunk, and the fitment is about perfect, and it looks awesome :tup:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3132/3112080934_886606189d.jpg

Warranty takes forever, doesn’t it?

Plus I want a carbon trunk anyways, this is a good excuse to get one :slight_smile:

pull some strings and have mits. pay for your CF one :slight_smile:

I’d get a brand new one under warranty just to have for the future for resale, even if you still get the CF one. That’s just my .02.

Yeah, I was thinking that for sure, but come on any more suggestions on CF trunks?

looks great :tup:

try to get it replaced under warranty, if not… evodave.

says it all right here bud

Thanks, but… I actually want a cf trunk, but yeah Ill look into the evodave trunk, thanks

joe,personally i really like the wing with the black…i think it would look wierd with no wing…just my .02

not that i dont like carbon :slight_smile:

I PM’ed evodave, so we shall see…

I think monster is pretty good as well. Are you planning(or have already) a CF hood?

Nope, stock hood. Maybe Ill get a nice oem looking cf hood in the future but right now I’m mainly focused on the trunk.

Buy CF trunk. Get old one fixed under warranty then resell it to recoup cost of CF unit. win.

That’s what I did. I sold my new OEM trunk and my original all CF spoiler for 350, and it paid for a big chunk of my cf trunk.

Don’t get a cf hood, they are heavier than stock unless you pay 2200+ for a dry cf one.

:word:

wow thats crazy