Rx-7?

Buddie of mine has an 88 convertible RX-7 and he was looking into the 2ndgen topmount swap i was just wondering if anyone knew anything about that or anywhere taht i could get some information. Thanks

Man no one wants to touch these cars.

Originally posted by BrokenWings
Man no one wants to touch these cars.

yes we do!!

about the rx7 ill pm you the number of the shop!

not sure what you mean when you say swap to the topmount but im guessing you mean put the turbo motor in to the convertable.

it is a very common thing to do and can be done at a few different levles best way is to swap everything out turbo motor, tranny, rearend, axles, and wheels. also youll need the turbo computer

a stock rx7 NA tranny/ rear end will hold about 200-230 RWHP while the turbo tranny rear end has been known told hold 450-500 RWHP

Thanks guys.

hmmm

woah kyle registered

ls1 swap it…

http://i22.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/50/6a/a0_3.JPG

hard and very exspensive

you can swap a turbo motor and drivtrain for under 2K and most of that is parts iif you can rebuild the motor yourself and find things cheap it can be done for very little money

not hard and not very expensive at all…
3rd gen ls1 swap…price of the engine and tranny
1200 for mouting kit
lil things here and there
small cam run tens all day long…

get a lil wilder and swap in a 03 cobra independent rear suspension…

may be a future project once i get the TA finsinhed…

damn thats not bad for a bad ass swap

LS1 6SPD drop out $3500.00!!! :cool:

in due time good buddy what u think i would of gone elsewhere for a motor…
u introduced me to coops customer for life

ya your looking at 3500 for the motor and tranny,
your gonna need a custom Drive shaft,
new front suspension to deal with the added weight
new fuel system
bigger rad you gonna need either a new pumpkin or atleast a s4 turbo one

thats just for starters you can do the turbo sway for a fraction of the cost and agrivation but to each thier own…

try v8rx7.com for more details
k2rd has the mounts much cheaper than you quoted BTW :slight_smile:

You can do the 350 in a FD too. I beleave he is talking about going to a top mount intercooler insteed of a front mount. But maybe not, i am a newbe after all but if you have a RX-7 question i prob can help. If you want info about RX-7’s the best site is nopistons.com, And we do want to mess with these cars.

i can gaurantee his question is not to go from a front mount to a top mount. It would be pretty simple to go to top mount because the 2nd gen turbos came with top mount. Also an LS1 is a 350, and this is an FC not an FD.

I think you got all the info you already needed in the thread. It won’t be that hard to swap in the turbo motor and drivetrain. (though nothing with cars is ever easy) good luck with the swap if you go through with it.

Jeff

i know a 350 is a LS1 it can alos be a LT1, i’m sure there’s plenty of diff 350’s. I was just stating you can swap one into the 3’rd gens as well. They make kits for both cars. It’s better to upgrade a T2 to either a front mount or V-mount. Personaly the V-mount are becoming really popular and must work fairly well. allowing both the rad and intercooler to gain cold air.

three rotor.

itll cost you about 10K to do this swap