PA ROTARY HEADS

hey,

wut’s everyone?
i currently own a 1985 white rx7, na…i know wut to swap in and wut is feasible and wut is expensive… basically…i’m looking for a place to buy a jspec 13bre s5 turbo motor (20b would be optimum and not a bad idea since i aint got a license for a yr but expensive)…

so i know i can get 1 for like 1800 shipped, engine (complete w/ harness) with ecu making the wiring a little easier… but i also know that i’d need the turbo tranny driveshaft and rear diff to make the swap…

my question to the world is… anyone know where i can get the full swap, or anyone in pa have running 13b-turbo motor low miles no problems? i’m trying to avoid a rebuild and the only way to do that is to probably turbo my current ported motor…

2nd question, wut would be a good build on the motor? i know i’m gonna go 700cc primaries, and 900 —>1000 cc secondaries… large street port over intake and exhaust… big turbo thinking t4 or bigger… want to run 14psi daily… i know how to build these things and i’m not dumb, just never fawked with a rotary, looking for someone with experience…

and i don’t really like the as*holes over at rx7club, they all like getting smart…

honestly i would get rid of the wiggly triangle and swap something with 8 holes in it. esp if you are going o daily drive it. i would like to do a granny speed swap

http://www.grannysspeedshop.com/

i dunno wut u r talkin bout

If you are doing anything remotely close to what you are planning drivetrain is first and foremost. If you can get a 20b w/ harness for 1800 get it.

I believe i can get a complete 13b with trans and rear end for 1800.

wut wut?

wut.

im glad to see some rotary motors around

www.Noyanusa.com is where I get my swaps its near Arlington Va and the usually stock a few 13b

eric try over at nopistons.com

ps my RX-7 keeps gettin faster and faster ha. no i can outrun stock a4’s! woo!

oh and http://www.westpennrx7club.com/

i have seen stock turbo 13b engine take 400+whp w/o issue. what seems weird though is it dont liek having big boost. which makes no sense figuring 15lbs from stock turbo compared to 15lbs from a t4 is a world of difference. but once over 15lbs regardless of turbo, they shit the bed.

how the puerto ricans get these bitches to hold is beyond me. much credit though.

3mm apex seals. harden e-shafts, monster ports, solid inner gears. its really not too hard. most people making huge power are either running a 4 port 13b or a 4 port 12a.

yeah ellie is right, not many ppl go the route of the 13b 6port, which is my current, it’s slightly ported on the intake side right now, so i figure…open up both intake and exh not all the way but alot…large street port or a bridge… large injectors with a safc piggy back or just gut it and run the haltech that i can wire myself i just don’t have a laptop to tune it, there’s always a megasquirt also…

i think after alllllll that cash outta pocket i can probably run well over 14psi…it’d be sweet if i could hit 20psi
corksport has the 13brew turbo for 1200 with harness and turbo…
i figure, tear my motor out, send it out for port polish etc rebuild seals all the sahbang a bang… and go from there…

drivetrain, not sure wut the stock tranny can handle but, i’m willing to waste 1 to find out…takes 2-3hrs to swap anyway…lightened flywheel 6puck clutch… dif/driveshaft -> when i get that far

Misfit-- i’m paying off some tickets and got the 7 sidelined, working on this as my current project…i’ll let you know when i start if you wanna get your hands dirty

Gearhead—> i figured you’d be the guy to call… i’m working on the route i want to go, i’d like to know exactly wut i’m gonna get myself into before i go and invest a sh!t load of money…cause for the price i’m paying i could always buy a 240sx… 13bt engine,tranny, diff, driveshaft, wiring harness, and ecu would be sweet for 1800, i even got a truck i could come and pick it up with…

i got the sack and beer you just bring the blunts and we are set ha

Whatever happened to the FB w/ the TurboII motor that Joey was building?

-TJ

holy long time ago batman

…its what you cronchy craka :fart:

the fd? 3rd gen…i think he couldn’t run the haltech or figure it out and sold it? i really don’t know, but i could ask next time i see him

ellie, you bring da beers, and i’ll definantly have the blunts… next week i’m saving the check, and the one after is enough for the motor,and i just need to pay shipping…

I feel old. That WAS a long time ago!

No, not FD. Joey never had a FD (or FC for that matter). I’m talking old school FB shit. You are probably right about him not being able to figure out the Haltech and selling it though.

-TJ

he sold it for fairly cheap too if i remember correctly