i will pay$ somone to help me get my 87 rx7 project running

i have an 1987 rx7 that i have been building and need some help getting it running. I will pay someone to come to my house and help me finish the car.
(ONLY SERIOUS AND KNOWLEDGEABLE ROTARY PEOPLE. PLEASE)

how much and when?

i’d pay andy ( 99_civic_si ) to work on my car, fwiw.

I’d let him work on my car…but paying him? Isn’t that what reach arounds are for?

well idk it depends on how long it takes and how long you help me for ya know. have you ever worked on rotaries before? as far as the (when goes) when are you free and whats your work schedule ect… o and ill pay in cash not hand jobs!

On that note, not to take the thread off topic too much…

Andy, wanna swap the tranny in our ( chino, jim perrin, myself ) subie? :slight_smile:

what have you been “building” and what is it doing?

did it start before the “build” or has it always been DOA?

it ran when it was non turbo but i swaped a 13b turbo motor into it and im having trouble getting it to run. the motor turns over and fires but does not run. the motor floods out real bad and back fires shooting flames. so what im thinking is that it is not sparking at the right time to burn the fuel or my fuel pressure regulater is bad and doping to much fuel in it. so i plan to check the fuel pressure and see if it is within spec then go from there. otherwise it has to be it not sparking correctly (timing) or bad coil. but idk the coils, plugs, and wires have all been replaced. another thing is it might be something wroung witht the ecu telling the ciols to spark improperly or at the wrong time.???

if you wanted to see it, it’s posted on the auto trader blog on this website under 2800 rx7 project. i wanted to sell it but not sure now if it is worth it after everything ive been though with this car

yikes… soooo did you purchase an entire harnass for the turbo motor or did you do your own creative wiring? what is “stock” and what isnt?

rotary motors are notorious for flooding when they are running “correct” so while the motor does flood, it may not be your only problem…

are you sure you have spark?

remember to get the motor to run you need air/fuel/spark… you said you are getting backfires so that probably means you are gettin g spark… but it may only be intermittant… the coils on these cars like to fail sometimes… so maybe a coil is bad or wired incorrectly… have you run a compression test on teh mtoor? it is a rotary after all…

i have yet to run a comprression test but that and a fuel pressure test was my next things to check. but anyways. i have the whole turbo harrness and it is pretty much all stock. the motor is jspec so i bought a american harrness for it so that i would not have to rewire that harreness because of right side drive. i got a new coil because one was bad and new plugs and wires. The timing seems to be right on. i know about there flooding problems when it comes to running the car and not letting it cool down before shuting it off can cause it to flood but im not sure what the case is here. i am positive i have spark because i checked all four seperayly to a ground and all sparked after i put the new coil on.

the compression should be good cuz i bought the motor with 25000 on it. i got the motor, tranny, ecu from a warehouse in Montreal ca but who knows how honest those guys are tha import these motors from japan

backfiring and shooting flames? how old are your plugs? my talon was shooting 6 foot flames out the exhaust because my plugs were fouled. replace them soon too, see if that helps with the spark issue.

it may just be flooding because there isnt enough spark to ignite the fuel and it just builds up, causing the fuel to be dumped into the exhaust. hence the flames.

the plugs are bran new

hmm. are the plug wires new as well?

thats wierd that it still shoots flames. any time ive had flames, it was because of fouled plugs.

ya new plugs wires and coils

hm. thats really wierd. are you on any rotary specific forums? might be a good idea as well to hop on one and start reading other peoples build/swap threads and learn from their mistakes and stuff like i did when i built my talon.

it really helps and you learn to do more and more yourself which is really alot better in the long run.

i have a friend who is doing this swap in the near future as well…

ya ive been on quite a few and learned alot but idk whats up with this swap.

rx7club…

you cant trust a motor form a 3rd party… if you never have seen it run consider it bad until proven otherwise…

Not to go too far off tangent, but are there any guys locally that are good with rotaries?