anyone know anything about 13b rotary's??

Does anyone know what type of power a stock 13B rotary motor can handle?? Reason why I ask is because last fall my buddy picked up a mint 87 rx-7. Its non turbo, just has the regular 13b…well, he wants to make it faster and obv. a turbo setup is his main choice next to a motor swap…im trying to do some research for him to see what type of power these motors can handle upto safetly when F/I but im having trouble finding info.

shit i wish i could get ahold of this kid pat i used to know he had a boosted 89 i believe rx7 and it was fast as hell

do you know anything else about it?? Like what turbo and how much boost and if it was a stock 13b?

nah sorry dude it was before i knew anything about cars, i just remember him showin it to me and going really fast, it had a big fmic on it and it was black, and it was loud and didnt have a real cat. he took a coke can and somehow disguised it as a cat to pass inspection and apparently it worked or so he claimed haha but hes long gone hes in college out in cali. now hes livin on a beach…lucky bastard

yah i dont got no cat either…alright thanks for the info tho. Maybe someone else will chime in here that knows a thing or 2 about them.

yeah or somebody who remembers pat belletti, he used to hang out with steve bubonia ( blue s10 on 20’s) and the poor boyz crew

oh god.

Thats the bible of car information right there, belletti and bubonia :crackup

haha they are so fun to hang out with tho haha, i just saw pat a few months ago and partied hard with him out in mariahville we drove around shooting mortars off of his quad piss drunk haha good times and i ski with steve every once in a while now i think im going up to vt with him soon

haha how do you know them? oh and belletti’s bro has a car now but he cant drive worth a shit and has a z28 and thinks it will pwn all when it got horribly shat on by both of joe’s cars

Want me to make a list of all the CBA kids that dont know shit about cars (at least when I knew them personally).

They are two maybe three people who I would respect their opinions and basic car knowledge who have ever been at that place, most of the others… :headbang

Lets attempt to never mention anyones name who ever went to CBA who isnt on this board. They bring back bad memories. :idiots

well i wouldnt know anything about that but they couldnt have been bad ive watched pat take apart and fix a few engines and i know steve can paint cars but if you know of bad experiences then…

:lol name a few who were respectable, i don’t remember any respectable cars until this year…although i never paid too much attention to who drove what a few years ago…the names of the tools wouldn’t hurt either…i’m curious :nod

I said people with respectable knowlege…most of them didnt have respectable cars midway through college.

If your looking at respectable cars you will find half the toolbags, if your looking for riced out cars youll find the other half.

1.8T- I know pat can take apart an engine, possibly even put them back together. That doesn’t put him in my book of people knowledgeable of general automotive information that I respect him for it.

Same with Bubonia, that kid threw more money at his trucks in high school than I’ll have in my car my entire life. But in the end all he was good for was some far fetched stories and a glue-on side exhaust.

I could go on ranting for a while, but to be honest there is a chance that some of these people are slightly more educated on the subject then they were then so I’ll stop where I am at.

:lol im mark btw and i remember steves side exit but i didnt know it was glued on and well if you say pat knew nothing im sure you have reasons im just stating i know he can rebuild just about anything and well thats more than i can say for myself

I believe that if your engine wasnt turbo than the ports are not set up for boost. I know some people used to supercharge them… I just remember reading something that the ports play a big role in the engine like the cam does in a piston motor. He should find a couple more rotorys to bolt together. They are supposed to just bolt together back to front so you can make the engine bigger

i like the sound they make with a super unrestrictive exhaust

Somebody in England built a 5 rotor N/A RX7. Forget the hp but it was crazy

easy power cheaper stuff a ls1 6 speed in :banana

My cousin has a 87 Rx7 se.

was N/A, just swapped a turbo motor into it with a front mount.

Ill let him know and PM you his e-mail address tomorrow

Even cheaper to swap a 5.3 truck motor and s10 5speed in it. then save up for a 60-1 :nod

the t-5 5 speed used in s-10