Hey guys, I figured out how to devide by 0 (Rotary content)

http://img54.exs.cx/img54/9562/12rotor2.jpg

:ohnoes if this actually worked it would be ridiculously insane

thats the nice thing about rotaries. If you can get a controller to be able to control everything, it would work no problem. Then you have the issue of trying to actually fit that into anything… lol

although depending on what they made the e-shaft out of, I dont forsee it lasting very long unless its well made/reinforced somehow

if they are 13b’s joined thats 7.8L of rotary, 15.6L of displacement in the piston world… INSANE. must be wicked heavy too.

and 36 combustion chambers… lol

the sad part is that its probably only slightly heavier than a large V8. When I had my rx7 with the plain 13b, we pulled the motor out and I carried it down into the basement. That was with the intake manifolds, vac lines, etc still on it.

I doubt they made a crank that long, and even if they did the harmonics would rip itself a part no doubt.

[QUOTE=offroadzj;538259]and 36 combustion chambers… lol

QUOTE]

Or 0 since it’s a rotary…LOL
I really wish mazda would give the fuck up on that piece of shit, outdated, outmoded, unreliable and needs a rebuild everytime you start it…they are basically useless other than revving to plaid and making a whopping 200 h.p. and 2 ft lbs of tourqe. Not to mention you have to be puerto rican to rebuild them. They worked great in WW1…know lets move on…yeah yeah yeah…put a turbo on it and blah blah blah…until it detonates once and cracks a seal

nahhhh, actually Mazda has redesigned the rotary so the life of it is a lot longer than it used to be. Also it does have a combustion chamber. Why the fuck wouldn’t it? Because it’s a rotary combustion doesn’t occur? oh right they work off of magic and not combustion.

Actually no there not reliable. I personally have replaced 6 rotaries in the 2 years i’ve been working at a joint mazda dealer, all of them had less than 30k on them. Not to mention mazda lied about power output in the first couple of years of the rX-8 so now they are replacing motors like the boat anchors they are. And if you want to get into it the combustion chamber discussion then we can have a fun time. Think of a two stroke motor and it will become clearer.

what most people dont understand is that a rotary is just as reliable as any other motor when properly cared for. My non-turbo was pushing almost 150k when I did the rebuild and it didnt need a rebuild, I just did it mainly so I could port it. They do require more maintenace, but will last just as long as any other motor out there. I have seen a few rotaries up around 200k and even some 300k. I understand that they dont have “combustion chambers” per say, but they basically are the same concept. The chamber fills with air/fuel, compresses, spark ignites it and it ‘combusts’. I do agree that they could use more torque, but in all they are a very simple motor and reliable if given the proper maintenance.

If I had the money, i would love to buy another rotary. I loved that car and that motor. A complete rebuild took a little over a weekend… with only working a few hours a day. Once its out of the car, its basically like taking apart a sandwich and making it again… lol.

anything engineered for twice it’s actual power output will last a long time.

you have seen a FEW rotaries last 200k+, probably could count them on one hand.

you put 100 wankels on stands next to 100 piston engines and let them run and I’d put money on more than double the amount of piston motors running after 100k than rotaries.

Like i said…tell that to the customers in here bitching about there rx-8’s. I’m sure there are a bunch of old 13B and 12A’s that lasted a while. But they didnt have all the emmisions equipment the new ones have. Which destroys your oil and fills your engine with leftover combustion gasses and water. The old cars also had the benefit of ALOT of fuel being dumped in the motor. Which has the benefit of running cooler temperatures. I guarantee you will not see an rx-8 go 200k.

with properly maintaining both motors??? There are less moving parts in a rotary (3 to be exact) which means that there are a hell of a lot less parts that can break. In vehicles I have personally seen (not just heard of). I can honestly say I know almost as many rotaries over 200k as I do piston engines over 200k. Im not quite sure what you are getting at with the first comment…

and what you also have to take into account is that there are a lot more piston engines in existance than rotaries. So you cannot even compare straight number of piston engines vs rotary engines. As a ratio, I bet they are pretty close (taking only into account people who properly maintain their vehicles for both sides)

I dont know a whole lot about the new renesis rotaries. I am basing my statements off of the 12a, 13b motors in the multiple generations of rx7’s.

Thats the truth actually, I will put my 1.8T up against a rotary anyday on the stand.

The renesis is junk…mazda knows it and the customers know it. Just because there are less rotating parts doesn’t mean they can produce 300 wheel and 300 ft/lbs reliably. They don’t my VW will…just sayin.

I cannot argue with you on the renesis… i dont know much at all about it. From what I have heard, they arent what they were made out to be so I would probably agree with you on them. But I stand my ground on the 12a/13b’s

Totally not arguing the fact that the 13B and 12A can be a reliable motor…but not when you overheat, or detonate or make more than the 120 h.p they came with. Piston motors are where it’s at, even if there outdated at this point. The rotary is great for midgets, bugeye sprites, old elans etc etc very versatile to put into smaller cars. Just dont think they should continue using them in huge overweight sportscars.

13b miata? :ninja

Wow…not cool. LOL