This is what I want to build

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play?p=rx7&b=61&ei=utf-8&fr=sfp&tnr=20&vid=1302398202

Add some 60mm ITB’s and a pair of 42R’s and that would be it.

i still dont understand rotary motors

and you need to bring that rx7 out i miss seeing it on the street. but liking your gti.

smooth, unreliable power :rofl:

ona serious note, rotary’s are very smooth motors

They are the simplest engine in an auto and only 2nd to the jet engine as the simplest engine in the world.

So was that a real 20B or a custom built 4 rotor?

edit I’m surprised no one caught my typo (4 rotor is a 26B, not 20B)

Four rotors, I can’t imagine. A good turboed 13B has guts. That has to be a beast. The heat it must produce though has to be insane. I remember the exhaust chambers glowing orange. That’s gotta be making mega heat.

It’s a custom built, peripheral ported Scoot 26b, very similar to the engine in the Mazda 787 LeMans car. Should make 700ish hp NA and well over 1K turbo’d.

So sexy… What setup are you running in your FD (ezfd)?

ahhh gotta love 4rotors mmmmm sexy sound and outrageous power

Atkins rotary 13b with extended race ports, 3mm Atkins carbon steel apex seals, coolant passage mod, oil passage mod, hardened stationary gears, fully balanced rotating assembly, KG fuel rails, 1000cc/min primary injectors, 1700cc/min secondary injectors, Aeromotive FPR, NipponDenso Supra fuel pump, Garrett GT4088 turbo, Pettit coolcharge III intercooler, APEXi PowerFC, MSD 6A, 3" SS turbo back exhaust, SPEC Stage 3 clutch, koyo radiator…etc…

is anybody selling 26b eccentric shafts yet?

I know you can buy the coupler to put 2 13b e shafts together, pineapple racing in oregon was in the process of making a 4 rotor e shaft about a year ago. I’m sure by now they have something available.

where can you get teh coupler?

god eric why are you always so :snky::snky::snky: HAHA

If you were seriously looking for one, start with atkins rotary, pineapple racing and A-spec tuning.

Niiiiiice! I’d take it you’re pretty happy with the Atkins build. I’ve heard mixed reviews about them. (sorry to go so OT)

I have nothing but good things to say about atkins rotary, the motor is incredibly well-built and pulls hard.

SIK! I have all ways loved Wankel motors. 1khp with a turbo? Hell the lemans car had a 3 rotor and was making 900hp with a turbo almost the size of the motor. This thing should probably push 1200-1500k if properly built and cooled.

The 787B(LeMans car) was an N/A 4 rotor (same as this).

Hmm I remember seeing something about a turboed 3 rotor wankel either ran in LeMans or built for it but never raced due to the ban.