RX-7 guys

any other RX-7 guys one here?

i might know a lil about them… :bash: :bash: :moon:

I know the only way to make one go fast is to drop a V8 LS1 in one :boink

im making mine go fast by dropping in a 3 rotor. I was going to use my 60-1 but its way to small so I sold it to a friend and now im looking in to getting a gt42

why does every one in the world think 3 rotors are the way to go…

4 rotors are better :ugh2:

I know they cost a lot and blow up even more often … but i love them , and will build one when I have extra cash. Def a sweet car and fun just to say its a 1.3 L motor making 300-400whp hahaha

I dunno bout the GT42 ??? how much you trying to make … id worry more about keeping the motor together for more than one run … what you have to tune it with ?

Well the motor im putting in is a 3 rotor stock rx-7s come with two rotors and are 1.3L the 3 rotor is a 2.0. I was going to use a 60-1 for the turbo when I wanted to make 450 hp put now im going for around 850. I plan on milling out the rotors and useing 3mm apex seals. for the computer I want to go with a hallteck e11. Once its all together ill send it out to get tuned.

The gt42 will make that 60-1 look like a little baby turbo.

And are you going to have a 100 or 200 RPM useful powerband?

Whats up andy?

hey whats up bro? its about time i got on here lol.

big turbo makes the rotor go WOO WOOOO!!!

big turbo makes the rotor go WOOOO WOOOO!!!

You will need much bigger than GT42R to hit 850 with a rotor… Rotors have lots a waste allowing the turbo’s to spool fast but a turbo rated at 600-650 will make 520 on a rotor maxed out… Your gonna need a T88 HO to make your wanted power. Ehh then again Iv seen the HUGE hks kit on a 3 rotor make 730whp or so but that motor went in a few races… Rotors hate high boost and thats what 850 will take. Not only that you will have 3 gallons to a mile gas mileage haha… your gonna need some crazy fuel with rotors too … 1600 with 1800 secondary injectors or run meth…

Sounds like tooo much money to me … but gotta love the rotor :boink

Cody is going to buy the 60-1 and put it on his DSM so I hope he has the mone on monday Ill run to slowboy before class and pick up the gt42.

ohhhhhhh can I touch it!!!

HAHAHAHAHA 60-1’s on dsms = poo too.

gt42 = wannabe poser

hahah took the words out of my mouth…

i’ve seen gt42’s finish spooling to usable boost levels at 6k rpms :kekegay:

I have seen a 3 rotor with a gt42R putting 900 to the ground. Im planing on bridge porting along with 3mm seals, and polishing the rotor pockets. as for fuel it does not matter its only going to be my fun car. + the gt42 is rated for 1200 hp i can get 800 on a 3 rotor. if tuned right a 3 rotor can handle a tun of boost.